• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

anyone have the EleWaiter?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
That's awesome news! Burt is such a smart boy! View attachment 412432
I thought that the really tiny screws holding the Elewaiter together would be safe from a big bird beak but apparently not. Burt just managed to undo and loose both the screws holding the handle in place and I am hoping he has not swallowed them but will give him a heap of almond butter to eat just incase. No use looking for screws so small in carpet :/

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
If you have something magnetic, you could try going over the carpet with it.
That's a great idea! I don't always think of suggestions like these in a potential crisis. And finding them will give Shez peace of mind. :heart2:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Put a bit of tights (stocking, socks) tie it overt the nozzle of the hoover and fix in place with a rubber band and hoover the carpet. The fabric will stop them going in the hoover.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I thought that the really tiny screws holding the Elewaiter together would be safe from a big bird beak but apparently not. Burt just managed to undo and loose both the screws holding the handle in place and I am hoping he has not swallowed them but will give him a heap of almond butter to eat just incase. No use looking for screws so small in carpet :/
I have a telescoping magnetic stick for finding things such as small screws that I lose track of. It is much easier than crawling around, and it can reach under things such as baseboards as well.

Beebleburb

Strolling the yard
I bought it.
Will update when Burt receives it and has had a chance to use it. I am hoping it might just make him forget about the cage screws :laugh:
I also have one that loves to mess with the cage screws, my red belly, but I think she is too small for something like that. I get these for her, and I would recommend them for smaller birds who like playing with those sorts of things.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Thanks for the suggestions everyone :)