• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Anyone have opinions on A&E aviaries?

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been on the hunt for a big, beautiful new cage for Taco since I brought him home in May, and I just happened across a walk-in aviary on Kijiji for 40% off the retail price in great condition. It's 62"×62"×79" with inch-wide bar spacing, and I'm allllll over the idea of Taco having such a huge cage, since he's not a great candidate for having his door left open all day (yet). Plus, so much room for toys!

This is the aviary in question, a WI6262 model. Anyone have experience with A&E aviaries? Good or bad?

Screenshot_20181220-203858.jpg Screenshot_20181220-204130.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I love it, it's my new favorite because if it's a great deal and you have the space & money I say whoo-hoo! :bounce7:

Honestly I don't know aviaries yet as I haven't researched them but what could be the downside? And it's not like there are many other aviaries popping up on Kijiji are there?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love it, it's my new favorite because if it's a great deal and you have the space & money I say whoo-hoo! :bounce7:

Honestly I don't know aviaries yet as I haven't researched them but what could be the downside? And it's not like there are many other aviaries popping up on Kijiji are there?
That's a gooood point! :D

I'm just wary of cages after hearing so many stories of rust and dangerous latches and such. I'm definitely going to go out and look at it!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
And I've heard they're easier to clean because you can just walk in! :excited1: Dunno if that's true or not about it being easier, but that's what I'll keep telling myself til someone sets me straight. ;)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
The only thing I know about them is they are not made for outdoor use.
A friend of mine bought one and placed it outdoors, and just after some months their was rust all over the cage.
So to call it an aviary is wrong. A big indoor cage is more right.
Those cages are very cheap her.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
And I've heard they're easier to clean because you can just walk in! :excited1: Dunno if that's true or not about it being easier, but that's what I'll keep telling myself til someone sets me straight. ;)
That was definitely one of my first thoughts, too. Imagine! Walking right on in and sweeping!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That was definitely one of my first thoughts, too. Imagine! Walking right on in and sweeping!

No sweeping, I use large paper rolls for the bottom and vacuum the debris with the hose attachment. @MiniMacaw has the larger version for Bowser. The 86x62 I think.

:jawdrop: And y'all are fixin' to move? You poor people! :sorry:

Yes, four of those aviaries.... :arghh: Stinks because if they are down I would love to power wash them but it's winter here. The aviaries won't be setup for at least a week. We have to put down vinyl floor in their bedroom first. Spoiled babies will have to sleep in 40x30 cages until their room is ready. Maui and Korbel have not been in a 40x30 since they were 5 months old. I'm sure it will be an extremely dramatic / traumatic first week. I can't get them to go to bed now... can you imagine "cages"? :facepalm: