• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone have a White eared conure and crimson bellied conure

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
All birds seem to have individual personalities. We got two sibling female crimson bellied conures to keep our 18 year old green Cheek company. The crimson bellied were hand fed and we got them soon after weaning. They couldn't be more different From our green cheek. He's calm and very cuddly . I love the crimson bellied sister very much but they are so protective of Their cage that they will attack and draw blood even if you are putting their favorite treats in the cage. They are very friendly when out of the cage but definately not cuddly like our green cheek. They are much more hyperactive than our greencheek ever was. To be so closely related they couldn't be more different. They were very nippy at first but now they rarely bite unless you bravely put your hand in their cage.
They get along freat with our green cheek and he has moved into their cage.
Our crimson bellied conures are so different from what we were expecting.
They are a year and a half old and we are hoping they will mello out a bit. It's like having two puppies with wings!
I have two female crimson sisters that are now 14 years old. They are still both bitey about hands near their food. These two sisters were raised together ( from my breeding pair of crimsons). They cannot be allowed near each other without a serious fight ensuing. Literally, they would kill each other. Keep an eye out for your two when they are fully mature. Especially now you are allowing your male green check to share space with them. Breeding season is near and competition can rear ugly behavior. My two can socialize with a male I have but only under supervision because both girls will pluck feathers from the male so I never allow in cage time. Keep a watch on both of your girls with your male. I would hate for them to beat up on him given his age.

ConureDad

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Casey
Yeah I'm not into the goosing I get every now and then when he does climb my shorts...I certainly wouldn't want him goosing the top half.

@TikiMyn said, they are all just different based on personalities however, I will say Maroon bellied have very different personalities from talking to other owners. Maks is like a little, green person. He uses his human words in context too. He tells the other girls to "come'ere" when the move away from him. He gets mad a night and puffs up while using his grumpy voice..."go bye-bye". He is just very intuitive. Right now Tobias is just here, there and everywhere. He's a goober.
This is interesting. I also have a maroon belly, and he's still young but seems super smart. He doesn't talk much or clearly (and definitely not when i try to get him to!), but he will occasionally say "pretty bird" or "good boy." He makes a lot of nonsense speech-like sounds when he's irritated by something or trying to join in a discussion, though. He also has gurgley noise he uses to mean water (whenever we are near a faucet or I get water for him or whatever).

He's very clingy, but he's also my only bird and I'm the only person who usually interacts with him. He's very cuddly too, but he won't hesitate to bite if do something he doesn't like (like try to remove him from my phone!). Will also bite people other than me who intrude into his space. My dad got bitten once just for walking a little too close to the chair my conure and I were sitting in.