• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone have a bird ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
to go to the shoulder? Since I gothim clipped I am not allowing Chewmeister on my shoulder as much as I was when had wings. I want him to learn to be more dependant on my arm and on me the on my shoulder. I won't allow him to just rush up there any more he has to have permission.He won't ask in words but in actions.......he will do the leaning towards the shoulder and if I say "NO" he will back off and then he will try again and I will say "NO" again. Then he will eventually lay off asking me then he and I will cuddle.Then I will allow him to go up only on MY terms though. If he's acting crazy no way is he getting up there. If he's acting like a good boy then he gets to be up there. Does that make sense or am I just confusing him?I met a U2 that actually sat on my legs the other day but I had tokind of help him I was afraid that he'd fall off because my legs kind of slant down wards when I am sitting.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
If you let him up there sometimes and not others you're not being consistent so that would be somewhat confusing.

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
Thank you I will try to be more consistant. Is it ok to take him off sometimes or should I just leave him there? I know tha'ts what he wants but sometimes it hurts my shoulder (I had surgery on one already working towards another one.....pressure hurts still on the one that I had6yrs ago)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Personally, I agree with John. Be more consistent :) If you don't allow him on our shoulder, you shouldn't let him up there at all. If you do it some times and not others, it'll confuse Chewy a lot, which doesn't create much of a communication between you two.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I think that's confusing. I personally love having my birds on my shoulders. It frees up my arms to let me do other things. (like wash dishes and work on the computer)

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
why dont you want him on your shoulder? did he do something out of the ordinary while up there? does he get controlling? or dominant? or is it just ur preference?

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
its not that I don't want him up there it's very convienient. He goes up there most of the time. But sometimes I like him on my arm because I have REALLY bad shoulders. So bad that he even hurts them.

hotfoot jackson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
I let my BE2 hen sit on my shoulder, we do have a hand gesture that means no stay on my arm that I use when I need her to, and I have no problems either way. She will run up to my shoulder (one of the highest bits of me) when she's scared, by ravens, cars or strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.