• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone has experience with this cage?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I do not believe I have seen anyone post pics of one of these but I am interested to know what others think of this cage.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never seen it either but it looks really interesting! I see width and height, I wonder how deep it is?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hi Abbi, what bird are you look for a cage for?

The problem with this cage you listed is this. The overall size of it is ok for a budgie, lovebird, parrotlet or finches however the bar spacing is too wide for all of those species. The bar spacing would be ok for a larger bird, but then the cage is too small.

Edit: I believe the bar spacing may be ok for a cockatiel but you would have to check the cages depth

Last edited:

R.J.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Abigail (or Abbi)
Maybe this wold work as a travel cage for a large bird if you made larger doors.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Maybe this wold work as a travel cage for a large bird if you made larger doors.
A larger bird that cannot fit through the existing door will have a beak big enough to cut through those cage bars.

What bird do you have?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The first one does not say how deep it is, so that would be a concern depending on how narrow it is.

Here are some guidelines for minimum cage sizes: Wingspan Info | Natural Inspirations Parrot cages

Basically you want 1.5 to 2 times their wingspan (for parrotlets, about 10") wide by at least their wingspan deep. Honestly the Finch flight is a good size as height is not that big of a deal compared to width and height. I used to have a couple that I used as sleep cages for my green cheek, quaker, and even a Hahns at one point!

The downside to the finch cage is that has the guillotine food doors which can be an escape or injury risk. You can zip tie them closed, though.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Skye

Strolling the yard
Parrotlets. A lot of people say this cage is too small. Is it okay?
I have 2 such cages: one for my pair of budgies, another for a pair of finches. Don't remember having any problems with them, and I got the first one a couple years back. Good quality for a pretty low price. As for the doors, I do have a friend who used to have a different cage with similar doors, and her budgie was almost successful at opening them, but that one was flimsier and way lighter. Plus I have never seen my budgies try opening these doors, though that may be because they are slight perch potatoes. You can zip-tie them as Mizzely suggested if you are concerned though, don't think that would be a bad idea. One thing to note is that I would recommend a bigger cage if your birds spend a lot of their time in their cage. It is not exactly "small," but if you do not allow your birds much time free ranging because you just got them or for safety reasons, they would really benefit from more space.