• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone else's Poi having raging hormones lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Petey has been extra nesty lately. My boyfriend is the one who mostly deals with her (as she doesn't want to harm him.. ;) ) and these last few days she's been driving him NUTS. Antsy, nesty, a little more prone to nip..she has been getting better with the other birds these last few months, but these last few days, she's definitively been less tolerant and more aggressive towards them. All this means is that she's under even stricter supervision.

I've read that with Pois, fall can bring on breeding season, which would explain her behaviours of late. I remember having a "rough" patch last fall as well, where all of them were a little more bonkers than the usual, but so far, the other 3 haven't been acting very different.

T

TinaM

It's definitely African bird 'season'. My Sennies, RB's and Jardines are all doing the 'dance' for the ladies in my aviary.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Lord have Mercy if its African Bird season-I'm Doomed:eek: Actually none of My Fids are any more hormonal now then at any other time of the year(Thank The Lord):hehe:

T

TinaM

Bonnie, if you had one more Grey, you could totally do the Brady Bunch thingie on your sig with them! (one has to be Alice!)

*grins*

Zoey26

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelli
Yep! Zoey's been really moody lately. Although Cordie my plummie seems rather nesty too.. I wonder if they have the same breeding seasons..

Mviss

Meeting neighbors
I also saw huge behavioural changes in my Sennie and as he's just over a year old (DOH 13 October) it's the first time for me aswell. First though he was just naughty but now I understand and I am much more patient with him and he's also better behaved now that I understand. All I can say, LOTS of patience! He usually loves cuddling with me but now even more so and I love it, it's just the nips when you least expect them.

Kathy

Rollerblading along the road
Maybe this explains why Beakner wants to eat me up and Sporty is more loving than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.