• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone else have escape artists/sneaky birds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Keiko (Quaker Parrot) a few months ago taught himself how to open his cage door with his beak, get his whole body and head out, then close the door behind him to make it look like someone has let him out when he's gotten out himself.

He only does this inside, so don't worry, when he's outside it's impossible, won't be doing it for much longer when he gets his new cage. :hehe:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Darn tootin!!! One word. "Houdini" (x2) Tika has even opened cheap combination locks I used to use. Only key locks now and hang the key way across the room or I'm sure he would find a way to reach it with something from inside his aviary!!! :D

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Darn tootin!!! One word. "Houdini" (x2) Tika has even opened cheap combination locks I used to use. Only key locks now and hang the key way across the room or I'm sure he would find a way to reach it with something from inside his aviary!!! :D
:omg: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

derek

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Derek
renae i have so much respect for you what you have with him from a attacking parrot to your cuddly escaping blue boy quakers are not a dumb parrot far from it

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
really oh so you think a new cage will fool him...continue to delude yourself..that guy is incredibly smart:hehe:

Bird Mom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Christy
Luckily, have only had it happen once, about a week ago I was out, came through the front door and I hear Lilly my B & G, with her very sweet drawn out "hiiiiiiiii", I'm thinking she sounds alot closer than she should be! Looked towards the dining room table and there she was, perched on the back of the chair! She must not have been there very long cause there was only 1 dropping! :rolleyes: After investigating, thinking it was cause I didn't get her food bowl latch all the way cause she hasn't done it since!

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
really oh so you think a new cage will fool him...continue to delude yourself..that guy is incredibly smart:hehe:
:rofl:

One can hope! I'm sure he will figure a way to escape from the new cage. :hehe:

renae i have so much respect for you what you have with him from a attacking parrot to your cuddly escaping blue boy quakers are not a dumb parrot far from it
Aww, thank you Derek. :hug8:

Agreed, not dumb at all, have to be one of the smartest parrots I have ever met. :D

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
three out of four
Percy was getting out of his first cage faster then I could close it
Little General has both locked himself in the cage not his
and I have locks for his current cage
and
Rocky can open his cage some times he does not have it down pat yet
Baby is the only one that can not get out

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Tango figured out how to open all of the food dish doors on his cage. He would also close them after he went out. Took me a few times of thinking someone left him out until I actually saw him do it. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.