• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anyone else’s conure lean on them?

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Hi all
anyone else’s conure lean with their bodies onto you? Sometimes he does this while wing drooping/vocalising/wing flipping
hes over a year old is this ok?

Last edited by a moderator:

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
He is leaning his whole body on my face and vocalising (chirps)

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My CBC does this on my husband

Reactions: Biz

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your birb is very sweet. Which conure is this?

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
My CBC does this on my husband
Ohhhh ok so this is normal behaviour?? Recently I’ve started spending a lot more time with him because I’ve been able to balance out my schedule (still getting there tho hahah…)
he is a cinnamon nanday… or so that is what I was told he was I’ve never in my life heard of a “cinnamon nanday”

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ohhhh ok so this is normal behaviour
Dunno... There are other conure parents, much more experienced than me

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mojo does occasionally KiKi never does however not a behaviour i encourage as can cause issus over time when hormonal.
I try and limit touching to feet or head with occasional cuddling allowed i also handle the birds when inspecting there keel bones from time to time.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I should warn my husband. Though Rio gets petting only on head and neck, but he snuggles a lot.

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Mojo does occasionally KiKi never does however not a behaviour i encourage as can cause issus over time when hormonal.
I try and limit touching to feet or head with occasional cuddling allowed i also handle the birds when inspecting there keel bones from time to time.
Oh ok so this should be limited? And I shouldn’t cup my hand around him when he does this? I thought he was seeking warmth so I would cup my hand around him

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh ok so this should be limited? And I shouldn’t cup my hand around him when he does this? I thought he was seeking warmth so I would cup my hand around him
There is a good article Sex and the psittacine thats worth reading, my wifi is hit and miss.

@Zara @Mizzely any chance you could link the arrticle

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks Shawna

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I do think it’s normal. It’s what they do given they have a partner to snuggle with. I have a few snugglers that want to lean or lay back against my body or crook of my arm. At the moment I have Astro (green cheek) snuggled up on the back of my neck under my hair. She has a daily opportunity to snuggle up to a male crimson belly but neither one is willing to touch each other and has been that way for years. Both would prefer to be with me. Beyond time for her bedtime so I have to convince her to get off.

ConureDad

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Casey
YES. My mbc loves to lean into me, sometimes to the point of nearly laying down when he's in my hand. I believe his favorite place to perch is on my thumb while leaning back against the rest of my hand like an easy chair (see pics). People in other bird communities who don't own conures have cautioned me against touching his back/sides, but he squishes himself into and against my hand himself, lol. He will also lean against my neck, face, etc. Looking at pics and videos of green cheeks, I think it's just a normal conure thing to snuggle into things.

Attachments

Biz

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Poo
Hi all
anyone else’s conure lean with their bodies onto you? Sometimes he does this while wing drooping/vocalising/wing flipping
hes over a year old is this ok?
went to the vet and found out it was hormonal

ive literally never petted her wings or anything this is very strange