• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any talking Mealies out there?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I have 3 great birds, but NONE of them are great talkers. (something that my husband chides me about every day.:()
My Gertie and Ollie do say A FEW words, anyway, but NOTHING out of Sam Mealy. Just a lot of calling noises, and a good imitation of the babble ball and its funny noises.

Any of you have a talking Mealy? Can I hope for a word or two out of Sam Mealy one day?!?!?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Well Monica, mine doesn't talk alot but he does say a few words.

Clearly he will say "Good boy" and "Who are you?" I have caught him saying "Kazoo" which is quite new. He definitely knows his name when you yell his name if he's doing something bad. :rofl:

So far thats it for mine. My Red Lored can say my name, he can also bark like the dogs and can beep like my Nextel. :rofl:

Keep on talking, she will just all of a sudden say something when you least expect it. :)

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Well, Apollo doesn't say much....really only "Hello" but in a gazillion different accents. lol

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Gosh, that's great to know that they can! I would freak if an intelligible word came out of Sam Mealy's mouth. But this is not to say she's not communicative. She always greets us with a specific series of calls, and always answers to her name in a very birdy amazon-ish call.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

What they lack in speech they make up for in beauty and personality.

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
Boy does Charlie speak! Not all of it is understandable though, we are his fourth home so he really has mixed up speech. He sounds exactly like a little boy and cries, laughs and whines like one. He also sounds like an older lady. He has a man voice and speaks a little french(re responds better if we speak to him in french). His favorite things to say are "watch yourself there", he yells 'mom" and "what are you guys doooing", "no Mikey", "Is that goood"when he's begging, and a bunch of other stuff. He also says hi and bye and raises his wings when he does it.

So they can def mimic! lol But I hear it's not all that common to hear a Mealy speak but I agree with what Crystal:D. sam sounds perfect anyway, she doesn't need to talk lol!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.