• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any Quaker parront in Austin Texas?

Sunflower

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone!

I’d like to see if there’s anyone in this forum is from Austin, Texas and owns a Quaker? I recently went on vacation few days and had a hard time finding a friend who has been around birds to take care of my birdie and hiring a professional seems to be expensive... and not quite sure if they are real professionals. So I thought if there’s anyone out there it’ll be helpful for both of us. Anyone?

Also, how do you guys do when you have to take off few days or a week?

Please let me know. I’d love to hear from y’all! :)

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
Argh I so wish there was a member near me in NSW Australia it would be sooo much less stressful when I go away!

I’m not sure about Austin Texas. Hopefully some members local to their will reply.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:greet7:Hello! Hopefully others who are local to you will chime in soon, but when Im away from home, I do hire a professional petsitter service. I used to have friends look after them, but after some unreliable experiences, I decided that wasnt going to work out.

For me, I found my petsitter through the recommendation of another petsitter who said he didnt handle exotic pets. I interviewed my now petsitter and had her meet my two birds and cats. Then, prior to my first vacation, I actually had my petsitter come on 2 occasions to run through two "regular visits" to see how it went and get my birds used to seeing her face :)

What I like about my petsitter is that she provides updates of every visit with photos, including how they are doing, what treats were given, how long she was there, etc. But I will also say I have a Nest cam in my birds' room so I keep tabs that way too.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I have a pet sitter for my birds, all 9 of them.

We interviewed people and found a great lady who grew up with birds. She is calm around them and the parrotlets don't mind her changing their liners. Pi even climbs on her.

We started with a small trip, an over nighter to see how it went. She was great.

A pet sitter is actually a cheaper option for me since I have a few birds. She charges per visit and I have her come twice a day. It ends up being about 40$ a day for my whole flock in AUD of course.

I will be hiring her again if I need to.

It helped that she sent photos and I got to see all their cute little faces. I did prep all the salad before we left and had them organised in the fridge with names and days... It was a bit ocd... But I wanted to make it as easy as I could for her.

I was so worried the birdies would be mad at me for my short trip the 3 night section... But nah. They were just so happy to see me and to get some attention and scritches.

Oh we also filled up the cage with toys before we left. The new branches were so much fun..we were hardly missed ;)