• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Hello all! I'm new here so I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place. 2 weeks ago, a client at the animal hospital I work at asked me to take his goffin because his wife had allergies to the dander. Molly is a little love, but bare chested. I have been putting socks on her, but I can tell that the texture bothers her. I tried a flight suit, but the elastic straps were bothering her also. Does anyone have any ideas what I can put on her to help her? Thanks in advance.

mtngirl

Sprinting down the street
Could you sew together a little fleece suit?

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
First of all Welcome to the Avenue!!!!

Why do you want to put something on her? If you are afraid that she is cold you could possibly put a heater in the room, I do that with my bald birds and they do fine.
Has the plucking been addressed? Does she still continue to pluck or is the bald spot from previous plucking?

You are welcome to visit my site with the seciton on plucking :)
Love My Plucker

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Welcome to The Avenue.

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
What about those super soft microfiber socks that you walk around the house in?

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's great you adopted a Too in need. I would do a vet check first to see if there is a skin condition or bacteria causing this. No need to cover her unless she starts really self destructing herself, such as chewing holes in her skin. She should be fine in a room with a heater and probably more comfortable.

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
Thank you to all that have responded. I really appreciate it. I got Molly from one of our clients at work. Last year, she was in the clinic and we did bloodwork. She is fine. He got her from someone else and she was plucking when he got her. I remember her being somewhat plucked, but not THIS plucked. I have started using sunshine factor in her food, but I know the folicules are damaged. I'm wanting something for her in this weather, because the cold has a tendency to dry the skin out. I was looking through one of the vet mags that we get and there was an ad for wraps. I think I'm going to check into that and see what it is. She's a great bird and I want to do what I can to see that she doesn't mutilate herself.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Parrot Wrapz.

Hello all! I'm new here so I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place. 2 weeks ago, a client at the animal hospital I work at asked me to take his goffin because his wife had allergies to the dander. Molly is a little love, but bare chested. I have been putting socks on her, but I can tell that the texture bothers her. I tried a flight suit, but the elastic straps were bothering her also. Does anyone have any ideas what I can put on her to help her? Thanks in advance.

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
Thank you Shelly! I found one I liked really well and think she might be very comfortable in that style. I will order it this weekend. ( Have to wait till payday )

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
If she in not mutilating there is really no need to put something on her,that can add unnecessary stress. If you think she is cold put a oil filled radiator heater in the room.
Give this little Goffin lots to do... lots of paper to shred, foraging toys place tubing or large beads on all chains longer than 3 inches. What I have found that has really been helping my little rescued goffin who is a plucky butt..:lol:. I take little boxes that butter comes in and I poke some holes in the sides and then fill it with treats he likes and colored paper that is shredded then I attach it to the side of the cage with a zip tie and he picks at that thing off and on all day but you know what he is getting better.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Hello and welcome. I have never had a plucker so I am not sure what you should use but it seems that others have offered great advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.