• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Any ideas what to do with this?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I picked up one of these rings in my latest toy parts order. It is quite hard and feels durable. I'm looking for ideas what I can make with it. I know my little ones would likely play with it on its own but would love to see if I can make something a bit more interesting. All ideas welcome! If you have one of these please post pics to show how you have it :)

IMG_20201205_151109.jpg

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
I don't have a picture, but I have a few rings very similar to that one. I looped them around the rope perches outside of the birdies' cages and the budgies enjoy playing with the rings :) I've also been teaching my cockatiel how to put the rings onto a post, but mine are a bit thinner than the one in your picture.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh that´s interesting :) I might check that out and see how it looks. I worry over someone getting stuck in it, so I´ve had it a while but never used it for anything.

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Maybe you stick something in it like cork? Or could you wrap rope around it sort of like a dream catcher?

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
I have these too! Mine came with a bunch of those paper finger traps in the middle of the ring. I have been hanging onto them until I got a bright idea as to what to do with them as well :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Mine came with a bunch of those paper finger traps in the middle of the ring.
Ooooh I could stuff it with paper straws and hang it... though I have a feeling my guys will play so rough they will pull them out and when one comes out they will all fall out :lol:

what type of birds do you have?
Lovebirds

I think so far, threading it onto a rope perch seems the best idea..

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Depending on the size of the bird as compared to the ring. Can be a dangerous "head stuck" kind of thing. Beware.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can be a dangerous "head stuck" kind of thing.
This is why I haven´t used it yet. There´s zero give on it, and if they squeezed in, they would never get out. I don´t know if they would fit in, a head would definitely fit. I think either I´ll just have to have it on my table with me as a ¨beak toy¨, or thread it on a rope perch (as that would take up some of the inner hole space).
It seemed a cool part to pick up, but I´m struggling to think of safe ideas for it.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'd keep it as a supervised-only toy. Maybe drill holes and put bells on there? Maybe shove finger traps in the center.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
If the head easily fits in and out then I would not be too worried. Otherwise no go.