• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any GC conure breeders know what variation this baby could be?

Dianalynnx

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Anna
Long story short... I put a deposit down on a GC conure baby to pick up around 5 weeks to handfeed myself(since I have experience with raising/handfeedinf sun conures) but the breeder changed it up and said I need to pick one up today or I lose my deposit due to unforseen situation.

And to be honest ... I'm kind of really upset. Not only do I have to take it super early... I specifically wanted a pineapple or a lighter colored GC conure with lots of yellow or red. But I had to choose without knowing what colors they would be. This baby had the lightest beak but still has dark around the beak. Does anyone have an idea any POSSIBILITIES? Of what color variation this baby could be? Breeder said parents are yellow sided & cinnamon so it will be one of those in the beginning. But later swore up and down and said it will be a pineapple... but it looks way too dark to be pineapple or cinnamon. Could it be normal green cheek? Any inputs would be appreciated

Attachments

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If the baby has come from green cheek and yellow side parrents it will be a pineapple i couldnt say what the baby will be from the pics though.
I dont know if anyone else will be able to as baby is so young but will tag a few people for you @webchirp @Monica

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I can’t tell if yellow sided or cinnamon. My first thought is yellow sided but the coloring looks almost like yellow sided turquoise? Which is unlikely from pair. Excited to see pictures from week to week.

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
Do you have pictures of both parents?

Is one parent cinnamon and the other is yellow-sided or are they both cinnamon AND yellow-sided?

Pineapple is not a unique mutation, but rather the name for a bird that visibly expresses both cinnamon and yellow-sided mutations at the same time. If both parents are pineapples, ALL babies should be pineapple, unless the baby inherited additional color mutations that change its appearance further.

Personally, if a breeder did that to me, I would demand my deposit back and find another breeder. In most cases, the deposit is intended to secure your bird so the breeder doesn't need to worry about the potential buyer backing out for unforseen reasons AND so you don't need to worry about your baby going to someone else. It is a form of security for both parties and typically involves a written or spoken contract. If the breeder defaults on the contract, they should not keep the deposit you gave them to secure your purchase. I don't know the circumstances, but requiring you to take a bird at a very young age and of unknown color on short notice because they have a problem is bad business and very unprofessional.

Last edited:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
The chick is an opaline (yellowsided). You can tell by the two toned tail feathers.

I see no indication of this chick being cinnamon, thus far.

That said, I do wonder if this chick is also a turquoise.

Do you know which parent is which color?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Color aside I would be most upset by having to feed a baby bird a few weeks earlier than expected even if I had feeding experience.
Are you sure you can handle it?

Do you have any of it in writing?

Good luck in your decision/