• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any flying Linnies?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi, at 11 months, has gotten most of her flight feathers back and is flying all the time, all over the place. I'm wondering what it's like for the rest of your Linnies. Are they flighted? How much do they stray from their cage and play gyms?

We all know that Linnies love to walk and climb from perch to perch in the cage. I had expected some more of that behavior outside of the cage, but she flies everywhere now. I was also told that because of her shorter tail she would be more like an Amazon when she flew, not like a budgie. But that's not the case. She needs more practice but she is buzzing around like a long tailed budgie.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I'm sorry I didn't see this all this time! My boys are just starting their first moult, and I see fresh flight feathers coming in. I'm so excited for them to be able to fly soon! Emrys grew in a new flight feather a few months ago, and then dropped it, then grew the same one on the other side, then dropped it. I hope they're not permanently damaged from the clip. :(

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry I didn't see this all this time! My boys are just starting their first moult, and I see fresh flight feathers coming in. I'm so excited for them to be able to fly soon! Emrys grew in a new flight feather a few months ago, and then dropped it, then grew the same one on the other side, then dropped it. I hope they're not permanently damaged from the clip. :(
Aww I hope those flights come in and stay in! It did take more than a year for Gigi to lose every cut feather. This post was months ago and now Gigi has got some serious skills. We have a sheer curtain between the family room and the kitchen to keep her out of the kitchen. Today I walked thru and as I held the curtain open, she flew past me and into the kitchen, circled and flew back out! LOL

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Aww I hope those flights come in and stay in! It did take more than a year for Gigi to lose every cut feather. This post was months ago and now Gigi has got some serious skills. We have a sheer curtain between the family room and the kitchen to keep her out of the kitchen. Today I walked thru and as I held the curtain open, she flew past me and into the kitchen, circled and flew back out! LOL
Ha! My lovebird only took six months to become fully flighted and she flies like that now! She'll act like she's going to fly to me and at the least second will make a hairpin turn and fake me out, I think it's one of her favorite games with me!