• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any experience with Horse Transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
Any horse people on this forum that has had good experience with a horse transportation company?
We need to move my horse from Tomball, Tx to Orange County, CA. I am so nervous about this.
So does anyone know of a good company or the company's I should stay away from?

Thanks

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I think Jill has had horses transported before - you might send her an email if you need an answer right away :)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There is a really great hauler that we have used. He is not full-time but has an awesome setup (air ride, etc) and is super great with the horses. His name is Gerry Rushton - he is out of southern CA so may work well for you. He has brought horses here from Colorado and Connecticut and took another to Texas. I was going to have him bring a horse from Arkansas here but the deal fell through.... I know he goes all over though :) Here is his site & number is listed there... Transportation

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Sorry it took a few days, my barn manager was out. We use Nationwide to do all shipping. She said they are the best!!! If the price is too much there is another company called horsin around they are very good also but the trucks are not as impressive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.