• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any bird book recommendations?

TeaPot

Meeting neighbors
I’m interested in reading books to broaden my knowledge but I don’t know what books are reliable. If you have any recommendations please share! :)

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Bi
I’m interested in reading books to broaden my knowledge but I don’t know what books are reliable. If you have any recommendations please share! :)
Birdtricks’s seasonal feeding system and she has some other fun books too you can get it on her website birdtricksstore or smth like that i forgot the name of it

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Bi

Birdtricks’s seasonal feeding system and she has some other fun books too you can get it on her website birdtricksstore or smth like that i forgot the name of it
Are you employed by bird tricks?

TeaPot

Meeting neighbors
Bi

Thank you! I’ll look at the books and her website soon, do you know if she ships to Australia?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I’m interested in reading books to broaden my knowledge but I don’t know what books are reliable.
If there is a certain species you want to know more about, you can buy books specific to the species, this will give you the best information.

Maybe something like this?

Or there are articles online?

It really depends on what you want to learn about. Behaviour, species, breeding etc.
If you give us more info, we can better guide you :)

JornsBergenson

Walking the driveway
If you go down this route, I recommend getting the digital versions of the the "cookbooks" and other material, which is reasonably priced compared to the printed versions. My wife and I found the information and ideas valuable. And no, I have absolutely no affiliation with BT. Their YouTube videos are not my cup of tea.

TeaPot

Meeting neighbors
If there is a certain species you want to know more about, you can buy books specific to the species, this will give you the best information.

It really depends on what you want to learn about. Behaviour, species, breeding etc.
Birdkeeper Magazine

I'm interested in Australian native birds but any book regarding bird husbandry, behaviour or training would be great too. Sorry for the late response!

Last edited:

TeaPot

Meeting neighbors
If you go down this route, I recommend getting the digital versions of the the "cookbooks" and other material, which is reasonably priced compared to the printed versions. My wife and I found the information and ideas valuable. And no, I have absolutely no affiliation with BT. Their YouTube videos are not my cup of tea.
I'm not exactly sure what to think of birdtricks. Fig Is a picky eater so I don't know how much use the book will have to me. Thanks for your response.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
There is a publisher I’ve spoken to on the phone. They only sell avian books they consider worthwhile.
Avian Publications
I have had good experiences with them in the past, but I thought it would be cheaper for this member to buy from a company that is also in Australia.