• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any behaviour problems in your bird? I might help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
(I am not an avain vet or any ver if anyone is wondering im just here from experience)

Does ypur bird have any behaviour problems? If yes please be very specific about:

•whats the diet (whats the veggies u feed him in his chop and what pellets)

•any changes in environment( new bird change of bird cage wearing a specific look your bird dislikes etc..)

•whats the bird type and age
Male or female

•is it a new bird?

•anything that might stress your bird

•molting?hermonal?

•paired with another bird if yes whats the age type gander

•think of anything useful everything comes in play for birds so say as much as possible such as eating something new getting a new thing that changes the environment.

:tiel2:Tiki the tiel :sun:tango the sun-rip :bgm:luca the blue-gold:rl:tusa the rainbow:umbrella2:gigi the umbrella:scarletc:crimson the scarlet:tiel3:pearl the other tiel:cag:krissy the congo:quakerb:blu the quacker:bhc:scout the cauqie:dyh:gloria the double yellow:rfcanary:and music the canary

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
A little background on yourself might help any worries about you having the experience & knowledge to help.
What is your background in birds?
What species do you own, and how long have you had them?
How many have you hand fed from baby to adult?
Some references your clients may have given you.

Not to be discouraging, but a new member that is not known on the board, always raises red flags until vetted.
Especially one offering to help other owners with behavior problems.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Welcome to the forum.

The approach that works best usually goes something like this...

... contribute to posts where your expertise/experience might be relevant and useful,
... read and learn where it's not.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Hi,

I noticed in one of your posts you suggested a book by/sold by BirdTricks. I was wondering what you thought about their training methods?
Birdtricks is amazing i do whatever she does tbh she is an amazing person I recommend you do follow her methods of training

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
A little background on yourself might help any worries about you having the experience & knowledge to help.
What is your background in birds?
What species do you own, and how long have you had them?
How many have you hand fed from baby to adult?
Some references your clients may have given you.

Not to be discouraging, but a new member that is not known on the board, always raises red flags until vetted.
Especially one offering to help other owners with behavior problems.
yes i am aware that im raising a massive red flag so
Ive owned birds for about 13 years now ive raised a 2 day old conure from the age of 7 to a 19 year old conure ive helped my friend with her cockatoo with absolutely no feathers at the age of 11 all my birds are rescues woth major behaviour problems all of them were solved except for one that i think is from illness i have 12 birds at the moment a weening blue and gold macaw a rainbow lorikeet two tiels a double yellow headed amazon a congo african grey a black palm cockatooa quacker a black headed cauiqe a scarlet a umbrella and im planning on getting a baby budgie soon i already have a cage set up for it

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Given your recent sad experience with Pearl you really do still have a lot of learning to do. Do it on these forums.
That's not a dig at you personally. Please don't be upset by this advice, it's in your birds' best interests.

Last edited:

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Given your recent sad experience with Pearl you really do still have a lot of learning to do. Do it on these forums.
That's not a dig at you personally. Please don't be upset by this advice, it's in your birds' best interests.
Ive been reading alot of posts and learned alot I figured that i lost pearl beacuse of me panicing alot i probably couldve saved her if i was calm your right i still have alot to learn

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I figured that i lost pearl beacuse of me panicing alot i probably couldve saved her if i was calm
I don´t think so. I think she needed instant medical proceedures to stop the bleed, treat the pain. And even at that, the chance of success would have been slim. There would also be the risk of losing her due to trauma.
I´m not a vet, but personally I don´t think there is anything you could have done to save her so don´t feel bad that you panicked. At least you were there with her and could hold her and tell her you love her. I think that is all you could have done.

Ripshod is refering to not leaving the macaw with a cockatiel unsupervised in the first place.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so sorry to read about the tragic loss of your Pearl!

Ripshod is refering to not leaving the macaw with a cockatiel unsupervised in the first place.
This. I have budgies and a Cherry-headed Conure. Even with that size difference, I will never let them out of their cages at the same time. My Conure could do severe damage to or kill my budgie boys.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
I don´t think so. I think she needed instant medical proceedures to stop the bleed, treat the pain. And even at that, the chance of success would have been slim. There would also be the risk of losing her due to trauma.
I´m not a vet, but personally I don´t think there is anything you could have done to save her so don´t feel bad that you panicked. At least you were there with her and could hold her and tell her you love her. I think that is all you could have done.

Yes ik about that sadly all our vets were closes that time and i had no emergency vets near

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Y
I’m so sorry to read about the tragic loss of your Pearl!

This. I have budgies and a Cherry-headed Conure. Even with that size difference, I will never let them out of their cages at the same time. My Conure could do severe damage to or kill my budgie boys.
es its my fualt even tho they seemed quite bonded i should never trust my big birds with my smaller one leason learned ig

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Sometimes we just have to learn by personal experience. But I'm glad you're staying around, this really is your best source of info - so much shared experience.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
tho they seemed quite bonded
I thought you said this bird was ¨bonded¨ with your black palm ´too?

You have 11 birds including a macaw chick, you just got 2 Pi chicks, you´re planning on getting a budgie chick soon. Willing to throw money at a scam ad, knowing it´s a scam but hoping for a ¨cheap¨ bird. You´ve had 3 bird deaths recently. I´m not sure what to make of it. Why so many chicks all at once?

all my birds are rescues woth major behaviour problems all of them were solved
The blue and gold macaw that isn´t weaned yet? What was their ¨major¨ behaviour problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.