• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Any advice Indian Ringneck

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
I'm picking up a newly weaned Indian Ringneck tommrow he/she is 9 weeks old "she" has been handfed since "she" was two weeks old.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Congratulations :)

I thought they weaned older than that. 9 weeks seems so young. When you pick him/her up, just double check they have been weaned for a week.

@fashionfobie @cassiesdad @rockoko

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
Congratulations :)

I thought they weaned older than that. 9 weeks seems so young. When you pick him/her up, just double check they have been weaned for a week.

@fashionfobie @cassiesdad @rockoko
I thought that as well! I've been looking into it and from 8 to 12 weeks is what I'm finding depending on the IRN and the hand feeder. She will be weaned for 1 week and 1 day tommrow I asked!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Big congrats on your upcoming addition! :)
I thought that as well! I've been looking into it and from 8 to 12 weeks is what I'm finding depending on the IRN and the hand feeder. She will be weaned for 1 week and 1 day tommrow I asked!
When we picked up Titan (in 1991!) he was 8 weeks old, hand-fed, and weaned. :yes3:..so everything sounds good.

Make sure you post some pics when you get a chance...;)

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
Big congrats on your upcoming addition! :)

When we picked up Titan (in 1991!) he was 8 weeks old, hand-fed, and weaned. :yes3:..so everything sounds good.

Make sure you post some pics when you get a chance...;)
Titan and I age the same age that's awsome. I want my girl to be around that long!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oooh I can’t wait to see pics!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I didn't take my guy home util he was over 12 weeks.

Even if she is old enough to eat on her own there is much to be learned from their peers when they are young. I would have left her with her siblings longer, but that is only my :2cents:. Really if she is happy and healthy you are off to a good start. I also look forward to more picture. :D :p

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan and I age the same age that's awsome. I want my girl to be around that long!
We were honored to have Titan as part of our family for 26 years...he was one heck of a bird... :)

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
I didn't take my guy home util he was over 12 weeks.

Even if she is old enough to eat on her own there is much to be learned from their peers when they are young. I would have left her with her siblings longer, but that is only my :2cents:. Really if she is happy and healthy you are off to a good start. I also look forward to more picture. :D :p
She is the last of her siblings! The last one was picked up today her tomorrow! She will have a sister after she is done with quarantine I have a cinnamon Green-Cheek Conure named Baby

Warrior

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ali Zabiba
I'm picking up a newly weaned Indian Ringneck tommrow he/she is 9 weeks old "she" has been handfed since "she" was two weeks old.
My advice is to just be really gentle with her, makes sure she stays in warm weather and gets plenty of sunlight for her feathers to grow healthy, make sure your feeding her good food and that your not overfeeding her, give it lot's of attention and make sure it gets around 12 hours of uninterupted sleep.

Tweet

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacklyn
I have learned from a few folks that they are very routine like birds, and aren't always the best for travel since they can get anxious. But don't quote me on that, just info that I heard from an experienced bird trainer and raiser. Good luck on your new lil baby! The BF and I have always wanted a blue IRN :)

Sadiesbby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sadie
I have learned from a few folks that they are very routine like birds, and aren't always the best for travel since they can get anxious. But don't quote me on that, just info that I heard from an experienced bird trainer and raiser. Good luck on your new lil baby! The BF and I have always wanted a blue IRN :)
She loves car rides! I picked her up and drove her home (3 hour drive) she loves car rides! She does have a routine that I stick to :)

Attachments