• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anxious

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
In may Chip got out threw a bathroom window, after 4 hours searching I found her sleeping under a car, thank god we could catch her. But ever since I feel like she alot more anxious. Before she would scream at the top of her lungs if Nuka was hiding some where. Now she screams like that randomly, if I leave my room or if she can hear someone downstairs. She will keep screaming like that untill you come back in the room. Few weeks ago I went out, left the window open to ventilate my room. She somehow got out of the cage by removing the bolt in the feeding door, came home heared her screaming and saw she was sitting on my bed. Still suprised that she didn't flew out the window. Is there anything I could maybe give her to calm her nerves? Read somewhere camille tea could maybe help?

Thanks in advance ^^

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Bump

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Glad you found her!!! omg that would be scary. Hopefully you can put some screening over your window from now on! I don't have an answer on the anxiety screaming thing. I tried chamomille for Blueberry but didn't notice any difference. I just prepared it as if it were for myself, then cooled it off before serving. He drank it ok. I know other people swear by it, so maybe try it just in case.

TDF2

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I’m glade she’s ok, I have tried lavender essential oil, I used a small amount diffused for my conure that has always been a little skittish, it seemed to help a little, I haven’t tried anything else, please share if you find something that works!!

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
I’m glade she’s ok, I have tried lavender essential oil, I used a small amount diffused for my conure that has always been a little skittish, it seemed to help a little, I haven’t tried anything else, please share if you find something that works!!
Just a normal diffuser that you could use yourself? Did you put by the cage or directly on it?