• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Anti-bac wipes

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
So I went shopping and wiped my phone when I got back then I washed my hands and after half an hour or so touched my phone which was dry at that point and went and touched my birds new cage.

Do I need to do anything. Should I just spray the cage and dry the areas I touched.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Why?

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Can you use anti bac wipes on bird cages? Non scented.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Oh I had to open the door and secure it.
You wiped your phone with the wipes then washed your hands. Your phone was dry when you touched it again meaning the active ingredients were essentially gone?
If you were letting your bird chew on the wet wipes or follow you around licking everywhere you just wiped then I would be a bit concerned but under the conditions you mention I can not see there being any problem whatsoever.

Mantis64

You wiped your phone with the wipes then washed your hands. Your phone was dry when you touched it again meaning the active ingredients were essentially gone?
If you were letting your bird chew on the wet wipes or follow you around licking everywhere you just wiped then I would be a bit concerned but under the conditions you mention I can not see there being any problem whatsoever.
Ok thanks

Reactions: Ali

Mantis64

The only issue I have is that my bird isnt going into his new cage no matter what I try but I will keep trying

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The only issue I have is that my bird isnt going into his new cage no matter what I try but I will keep trying
That will have more to do with the fact you just got a new cage. It will take time for him to adjust to his new home, just be patient with him. Offer up some treats and toys in there.

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
If disinfectant was that toxic, my birds would all be dead a hundred times over. Especially these days, I practically shower in it all day at work.