• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another update never had a vet call daily to give updates before.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Dr Dahlhausen just called today to tell Riti is looking much better and maybe ready to come home tomorrow. He did say that the fluid had not built back up and that was likely because on the med he put her on, don't ask me what it is I don't know. He did say we may need to continue the injection once of twice a week. I hope not as that a long trip, about 3+ hours round trip. But I'm glad she's doing better.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Mark if he is giving her Lasix or furasamide (same thing) - both are diuertics that rid the body of excess fluids Furasamide can be given in an oral form - so be sure you ask about that. Also ask her if heart issues were what caused her to retain fluids - you need to know.

I'm so glad that she is doing better. That is good service from your vet, but that's what makes the good one better.

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
I plan to ask more questions tomorrow after the test are done. I'd rather not have to give her injections myself as she or scared of hands as it is I don't want her to associate bad things with me.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Honest to heaven, Mark they don't hold a grudge. I have had to inject both of my birds hundreds of times over the years. But you may be able to give meds orally anyway.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope Riti feels better soon.