• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another surrender..:0(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
sorry all is going ok very tired so going to sleep Chili is sleeping..(BREATING IS BETTER BUT STILL CONGESTED) He LOVES Walnuts..will post about him tomorrow HAVE TO STEAM HIM AGIAN AND FLUSH SINUS @5AM

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Could you help educate me? What do u do with hormonal birds? Is it temporary /seasonal? Do most birds go thru this?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you for all that you do Tanya.:hug8: I can't wait to meet Chili!:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
thank you for what you do:hug8:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could you help educate me? What do u do with hormonal birds? Is it temporary /seasonal? Do most birds go thru this?
You just have to learn to adapt to the bird's hormonal behavior. It usually means more territorial, aggressive behavior, and in females, nesting and/or egg laying. It is temporary/seasonal in many species, like macaws. And, yes, most macaws do start to become hormonal after age 4, and this is often a cause of them losing their homes (because a lot of people don't understand and refuse to adapt). If you want more responses to your question, you could start a new thread on the subject.

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Chili is feeling much better this morning...but will need to medicate him for 10 days 2xs a day...(hate to start out that way)...it will take a while before we know what his personality is ...we keep all birds for atleast 4 months so we can see what their personalitys are like then we will know how much experience the adoptive homes will need .and if they are ok to place around small children..here are some pics..ill keep you updated:)Chili will be alot of work..i hope he will get better last one we had with this prob...had prob for yrs off and on, developed heart prob from breathing attacks..just reacently passed...we kept him because no one wanted his medical prob....(i loved him....PJ)had him 11 yrs.He wont be able to be in a rm with Toos,Greys or Teils(prob never)

Attachments

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Chili is feeling much better this morning...but will need to medicate him for 10 days 2xs a day...(hate to start out that way)...it will take a while before we know what his personality is ...we keep all birds for atleast 4 months so we can see what their personalitys are like then we will know how much experience the adoptive homes will need .and if they are ok to place around small children..here are some pics..ill keep you updated:)Chili will be alot of work..i hope he will get better last one we had with this prob...had prob for yrs off and on, developed heart prob from breathing attacks..just reacently passed...we kept him because no one wanted his medical prob....(i loved him....PJ)had him 11 yrs.He wont be able to be in a rm with Toos,Greys or Teils(prob never)
Oh wow, he is gorgeous. Look at his big giant head:)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Glad that he is with you!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
im glad that he is with you..at least now he will get taken care of properly the poor thing

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
He's so beautiful makes me want to cry. He looks like he could use some TLC and your just the person to give him all the love he needs. What a sweet heart good luck with the meds I have 1 on meds right now also he's doing better a taking them now so its not to bad.:heart::hug8:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
He's gorgeous. Poor guy. Hope he get's better soon.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I would love to know his story. How old is he? Any pics of the new guy? Congrats and big thanks for rescuing him!

Nailrep

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Cindy
ohhh...i can't wait to see pics! but i want to cry when i hear how these wonderful pets are thrown away as soon as they aren't convenient anymore.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very handsome boy. Sounds like you're doing a great job with him. I'm so glad you've got him now.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
I'm so glad he's in your care now. Bless you for what you do. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.