• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another step closer...

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This isn't particularly huge, but I'm one step closer to birdy smooches!!! :loveshower:

Out of curiosity I put a millet berry just in front of my chin and stuck it out to see what Mabel would do...then she went straight for it! It was like a centimetre to my mouth! (it didn't go in my mouth or get in contact with any saliva :) - in case you didn't know, human saliva can be toxic to birds). So it seems my face doesn't scare her...even when it's early in the morning and is pretty scary at that time!!!

All I want is to smooch that floofy bird's head!!! Am I weird??? Husband is treating me like I'm a creepy weirdo :rofl:

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
So it seems my face doesn't scare her...even when it's early in the morning and is pretty scary at that time!!!
Out of curiosity I put a millet berry just in front of my chin and stuck it out to see what Mabel would do...then she went straight for it! It was like a centimetre to my mouth!
Yay!!!!!! :awww::bliss::cheer::cloud9::loveshower::yahoo::dancing::yah:
in case you didn't know, human saliva can be toxic to birds).
:rolleyes:
Am I weird???
:bignono: to think so
All I want is to smooch that floofy bird's head!!! Am I weird??? Husband is treating me like I'm a creepy weirdo :rofl:
:laughing7:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
MC used to bump his head against my chin. That's the closest I've gotten to smooching an Amazon. I miss that little guy so much.

If I tried that with Secret, I would lose flesh.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:bignono: to think so
Wrong place to ask, we're all weirdos here :rofl:

MC used to bump his head against my chin. That's the closest I've gotten to smooching an Amazon. I miss that little guy so much.

If I tried that with Secret, I would lose flesh.
Awww, that's cute! With cockatiels the biggest risk is getting dust in your eye, I think I'd be a lot more scared trying it with a bigger beak :lol:

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
Confession: Max rubs his beak against my face when I get him out of his cage. I look forward to a conure "kiss". So, if you're a creepy weirdo, then you can come and sit next to me!! ;):lol:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
No. When I get Gisli out at night for some extra flight time while everyone else sleeps, he first gets attacked with obligatory kisses :shy:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
This isn't particularly huge, but I'm one step closer to birdy smooches!!! :loveshower:

Out of curiosity I put a millet berry just in front of my chin and stuck it out to see what Mabel would do...then she went straight for it! It was like a centimetre to my mouth! (it didn't go in my mouth or get in contact with any saliva :) - in case you didn't know, human saliva can be toxic to birds). So it seems my face doesn't scare her...even when it's early in the morning and is pretty scary at that time!!!

Yay! Mabel!:kiss4:

What does she do if she's in the cage, and you put your face to the bars for a kiss? That's how I persuaded Felix... and maybe a few well-placed sunflower seeds.:smuggrin:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
No. When I get Gisli out at night for some extra flight time while everyone else sleeps, he first gets attacked with obligatory kisses :shy:
Ya gotta pay to play, Gisli! kiss cheek.gif

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I kiss Cappuccino’s head so much I’m surprised that she has any feathers there. You’re definitely in good company when it comes to weirdos! I look forward to when you tell us she likes your kisses!

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay! Mabel!:kiss4:

What does she do if she's in the cage, and you put your face to the bars for a kiss? That's how I persuaded Felix... and maybe a few well-placed sunflower seeds.:smuggrin:
I'll have to try it out! She did this when she was on the cage door this morning, so I don't see her having a problem with me trying it through the bars!

Sometimes I have to turn to them and ask: "WHY DO YOU TWO HAVE TO BE SO CUTE?!?!?!" :rofl:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
I'll have to try it out! She did this when she was on the cage door this morning, so I don't see her having a problem with me trying it through the bars!

Sometimes I have to turn to them and ask: "WHY DO YOU TWO HAVE TO BE SO CUTE?!?!?!" :rofl:
Sounds like a plan! I bet she loves the attention!

clarousel

I shower Preeno with lots of weird kisses that he just stares back in confusion/compliance :wacky: husband insists he learnt the kissy sounds from me! Good thing husband is just as weird as me so he adds to the kissy bonanza :roflmao:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did it! I got a teeny little smooch on her tiny little head! She wasn't too impressed but she didn't immediately hiss and run away :rofl: She just gave me that miffed lady tiel look which if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean :lol: