• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Another Speckled Mousebird!

Amy Pierce

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Last week one of the residents of the estate next to which I live was out walking her little dog when she heard a huge commotion in one of the trees, and out fell this adorable little baby mousebird :heart: From her story it sounds like a predator (perhaps a snake or larger bird?) was after the poor thing. In typical mousebird form it is the cuddliest and sweetest little thing! I last had a baby mousebird 4 years ago (does anyone remember little Twitch??), so it has been quite something getting back into the swing of things!

The little thing chirps all day long, and has therefore been given the name Cricket :xflove: I really hope to rehabilitate him back into the local flock, but I have learned how difficult these things are to rehab, so will be taking it slow with him and will just see as I go along.
IMG_8286.JPG
IMG_8349.JPG
IMG_8372.JPG

snada

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Yes I remember Twitch very well! This one looks like a little cute thing as well. He is looking really good! I have also just had 2 baby mousebirds dropped off with me about half hour ago. Someone was cutting their tree down and the nest was found on the floor with the babies :sad14:

20180410_114122.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How cute! I love that belly pic best. :heart: Are there ever any ugly mousebirds? Lol

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks for taking him into your home. I hope he will be OK.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hes so cute, wishing you luck with rehabbing him!

Amy Pierce

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
Yes I remember Twitch very well! This one looks like a little cute thing as well. He is looking really good! I have also just had 2 baby mousebirds dropped off with me about half hour ago. Someone was cutting their tree down and the nest was found on the floor with the babies :sad14:

View attachment 273757
Poor little things! They are super cute. I hope there was a good reason for cutting their tree down :mad: All the best with them, please keep us updated on how they do!