• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another reason not to clip wings.... A sad story. (Sad update post #19)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
:crycry:

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
I'm sorry.

My parents used to take in dogs and cats that had been going through a bad time. Once my father was talking to a vet about a kitten my father had found. My father said it broke his heart that she'd died just when she'd finally come into a safe harbor. The vet said that sometimes when they were in a bad situation they put all their energy into surviving and then, when they found someone to take care of them, they just let go *because* they were finally safe.

The only thing I can take away from this is the hope that he did let go knowing that he was safe and cared for.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
At least he died loved, most likely with pain killers, & out of the hands of those who did this to him, not just initially, but every day for a year through their failure to take action.

Fly free & healed, little Ivar, into eternity. You are loved.

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Oh no.. to think he lived for a year like that and only died now :( :(

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This story makes me think people should need a license to keep birds, just like a drivers of cars. That way the human is required to be tested for bird safety. I know its a far fetched idea with many pitfalls. That is why i have so much respect for Phoenix Landing and their free education.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
What makes me angry (aside from the obvious) is that the “owners” can just dump the bird at a rescue, after brutally abusing it - and walk away. They probably never thought about it agin.

What I want to do is go to their house, perhaps with a baseball bat, and tell them the whole story. All about the pain and suffering.

I’ve been watching too many NCIS reruns, haven’t I.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh that poor bird, I’m so sorry he didn’t make it.:sad2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
It’s enough to give one nightmares.

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
This story makes me think people should need a license to keep birds, just like a drivers of cars. That way the human is required to be tested for bird safety. I know its a far fetched idea with many pitfalls. That is why i have so much respect for Phoenix Landing and their free education.

I agree. You might want to throw in having kids as well.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so sorry that Ivar died, and even more sorry that he experienced such horrific suffering. I hope that somewhere, he is flying with the wings he always should have had in a perfect sky, free from pain.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
:( Struggling to think of words. I´m so sorry Michelle, but thankyou for sharing his story. Maybe it will make some folks think twice before attempting a DIY clip. Poor little guy living such a dreadful life. No living creature deserves that.

to think he lived for a year like that and only died now
Maybe there was some additional stress by the move, which is a shame. They just don´t understand that the new person wants to help and protect them :(

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:( Struggling to think of words. I´m so sorry Michelle, but thankyou for sharing his story. Maybe it will make some folks think twice before attempting a DIY clip. Poor little guy living such a dreadful life. No living creature deserves that.

Maybe there was some additional stress by the move, which is a shame. They just don´t understand that the new person wants to help and protect them :(
I found out that he died from the anesthesia. When I first posted, I thought his surgery wasn't for a couple more days. I later found out that it was yesterday. His pre-surgery bloodwork looked good and the vet thought it would be okay to have the surgery. He died before the surgery started. The vet actually called the rescue crying with the news. Everyone was really rooting for this little guy. There was already interest in adopting him, even though he wouldn't have been available for awhile, and he seemed to be enjoying his foster home. It really is just so heart breaking.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Aww such a shame. I´m sure it has been very emotional for everyone involved :(

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
@sunnysmom Oh wow, this just makes me...so angry!! How can people not take their pet to see a doctor when there is an obvious wound?!