• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another reason not to clip wings.... A sad story. (Sad update post #19)

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
That's so sad. It makes me so sad when birds are brought into the care of people who don't know what they're doing. I wish people would do their research. :sad8:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I wish people would do their research. :sad8:
I don´t think this is lack of research... Do we need to research to know that something is wrong if their wings are bleeding on and off for a year? Seems like common sense and compassion to me. But I guess not everyone is born with that...
Maybe they didn´t have the funds for a vet visit, but then they should have relinquished him to someone who could help him, not selfishly keep him, cruely suffering.

Dania

Strolling the yard
I've noticed that common sense really isn't common.

Solly

Strolling the yard
I don´t think this is lack of research... Do we need to research to know that something is wrong if their wings are bleeding on and off for a year? Seems like common sense and compassion to me. But I guess not everyone is born with that...
Maybe they didn´t have the funds for a vet visit, but then they should have relinquished him to someone who could help him, not selfishly keep him, cruely suffering.
im gutted for this little bird..

but yes, people genuinely do not have that sort of common sense. Sometimes it’s not just a lack of education either. It’s also because society has moved away from nature and animals. (Oh no we havent! Is the shout) but the truth is, most people don’t have animal common sense because they aren’t used to being around animals and learning first hand From children.

I keep horses... they are dreadfully abused creatures, (not mine of course!) but time and time again people treat them like they are horse shaped people complete with human emotion, desires, needs and wants.
The horse misbehaved so it must be getting it’s own back, taking the Mickey, trying it on and faking it so it doesn’t have to work. just like they are portrayed in Disney movieS and cartooNS.

so instead of thinking like a horse and realize what the horse is trying to tell them, they train it harder, make it do whatever it is by force or whatever means necessary..

a cat or dog pees on someone’s bed.. again instead of asking why - it’s straight to assigning human emotions and accusing it of being devious, or deliberately waiting to do that because xyz happened last week..

I know in this instance this is a different thing it’s not cutting wings, but it is an example of how removed people can be and how much we anthromorphise our pets..

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
im gutted for this little bird..

but yes, people genuinely do not have that sort of common sense. Sometimes it’s not just a lack of education either. It’s also because society has moved away from nature and animals. (Oh no we havent! Is the shout) but the truth is, most people don’t have animal common sense because they aren’t used to being around animals and learning first hand From children.

I keep horses... they are dreadfully abused creatures, (not mine of course!) but time and time again people treat them like they are horse shaped people complete with human emotion, desires, needs and wants.
The horse misbehaved so it must be getting it’s own back, taking the Mickey, trying it on and faking it so it doesn’t have to work. just like they are portrayed in Disney movieS and cartooNS.

so instead of thinking like a horse and realize what the horse is trying to tell them, they train it harder, make it do whatever it is by force or whatever means necessary..

a cat or dog pees on someone’s bed.. again instead of asking why - it’s straight to assigning human emotions and accusing it of being devious, or deliberately waiting to do that because xyz happened last week..

I know in this instance this is a different thing it’s not cutting wings, but it is an example of how removed people can be and how much we anthromorphise our pets..
I'm still gutted too. I honestly go back and forth about what I think of the owners. I had no dealings with them. But my impression is, they liked the bird. However, they told the rescue there are no vets who take care of birds. Which is patently untrue where I live. I can list at least 5 places off the top of my head that treat birds. But I think in this instance, any vet would have tried to care of a bird with an open wound. So, I go back to lack of sense or just cruel? I don't know...... Regardless, it's just very sad.

Solly

Strolling the yard
I'm still gutted too. I honestly go back and forth about what I think of the owners. I had no dealings with them. But my impression is, they liked the bird. However, they told the rescue there are no vets who take care of birds. Which is patently untrue where I live. I can list at least 5 places off the top of my head that treat birds. But I think in this instance, any vet would have tried to care of a bird with an open wound. So, I go back to lack of sense or just cruel? I don't know...... Regardless, it's just very sad.
I am so sad about it, I started reading it an was really routing for him.. but yes you would think anyone could have added 2 +2 and come up with 4 here. you absolutely have my condolenceS.