• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another Pi Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bessamy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Beth
Hi Pi owners,

I received my dusky pi as a birthday gift from my hubby.

He/she is such a nice little guy so far. Since he came home we are trying to fix his diet. They allowed too many peanuts and sunflower seeds. We substituted pumpkin seeds for now and maybe some organic pine nuts when I can locate them.

He loves his veggies so far and we are trying to expand them. He eats corn, peas, green beans, broccoli, and carrots. He is avoiding asparagus so far because he doesn't like anything that sticks to his beak.

We just tried organic green peppers and will check how much he ate. We also made him Cream of Tweet Beak Appetit. He picks through it if we leave it frozen so it doesn't stick too bad to his beak. Funny little guy.

He is now starting to get more active. This week was the first time we saw him upside down in his cage. He is learning to play with toys. I still do not think he really gets it just yet. But at least he is showing interest now. He picked up his toys out of his mini forage tray on his playtop this morning.

Yesterday was the coolest because he let me give him scritches over and over. It was the longest session yet. Maybe he was just in the mood, because he wasn't into it today. He likes just hanging out with us so far. We take him to the window in the morning and let him look out while we talk to him. He loves that. I might have to get some kind of window perch for him. There is someone working on their roof behind our house and he seems interested when they are out there. Little nosey guy.

This guy really LOVES showers. He makes this really loud call when we take him in. He flips and flops around in my husband's hands. He did bite him once in the shower but we think that was out of over-excitement. My hubby just rocks his hands when he goes to bite now and it hasn't happened since. Just a pinch so he said. He gave my hubby a look like I didn't mean to do that. I think he was just having so much fun he forgot.

He doesn't appreciate the towel so much but I think that is because it means the shower is over. =)

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hi Pi owners,

I received my dusky pi as a birthday gift from my hubby.

He/she is such a nice little guy so far. Since he came home we are trying to fix his diet. They allowed too many peanuts and sunflower seeds. We substituted pumpkin seeds for now and maybe some organic pine nuts when I can locate them.

He loves his veggies so far and we are trying to expand them. He eats corn, peas, green beans, broccoli, and carrots. He is avoiding asparagus so far because he doesn't like anything that sticks to his beak.

We just tried organic green peppers and will check how much he ate. We also made him Cream of Tweet Beak Appetit. He picks through it if we leave it frozen so it doesn't stick too bad to his beak. Funny little guy.

He is now starting to get more active. This week was the first time we saw him upside down in his cage. He is learning to play with toys. I still do not think he really gets it just yet. But at least he is showing interest now. He picked up his toys out of his mini forage tray on his playtop this morning.

Yesterday was the coolest because he let me give him scritches over and over. It was the longest session yet. Maybe he was just in the mood, because he wasn't into it today. He likes just hanging out with us so far. We take him to the window in the morning and let him look out while we talk to him. He loves that. I might have to get some kind of window perch for him. There is someone working on their roof behind our house and he seems interested when they are out there. Little nosey guy.

This guy really LOVES showers. He makes this really loud call when we take him in. He flips and flops around in my husband's hands. He did bite him once in the shower but we think that was out of over-excitement. My hubby just rocks his hands when he goes to bite now and it hasn't happened since. Just a pinch so he said. He gave my hubby a look like I didn't mean to do that. I think he was just having so much fun he forgot.

He doesn't appreciate the towel so much but I think that is because it means the shower is over. =)
Congratulations! That is excellent on SO many levels..... I wish MY husband would get me a Pionus for my birthday:) It's so cool that he is getting more comfortable with you.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hug8:Glad you posted on this thread too Bessamy!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Congratulations Beth!! I would love to see pics :D

Status
Not open for further replies.