• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another one unfortunately

Alan J.

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Alan Jardine
I had a stroke (fortunately very mild) early last month. It was the third one over the last few years, but all have been fairly mild. After the latest one, I lost complete control of my left arm and hand and experienced problems with my left eye, but apart from still dropping things a bit and a some issues with depth perception, I am well on the mend.

I have tried to keep to our (Alex and my) routine as closely as possible and hopefully the little guy was not too put out throughout it all.

Alex seems to be a lot calmer recently (a lot less loud vocalising), which I hope will last for as long as possible. We are spending more time just sitting in the car, which he has always enjoyed, but will start spending progressively more and more time back in the park soon.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How scary! Even a little one. But I'm glad you're feeling better. And thankful that Alex is taking it easy on you. What a great guy. blue heart.png yellow heart.png

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
How scary Alan! I sure am glad you’re on the mend :) It’s sweet that Alex has settled down a little and I’ll keep my fingers crossed he stays settled. Lol.

I’m sure Alex is as happy hanging out in the car as he is at the park..... he sounds like a pretty cool bird.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Oh Alan! I'm so sorry to hear about that.
I think Alex may sense something happened. They pick up on stuff so quickly.
I'm glad you're feeling a little better, and that Alex is being quieter and easygoing.
Praying you have a 100% complete recovery.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh Alan! I'm so sorry to hear about that.
I think Alex may sense something happened. They pick up on stuff so quickly.
I'm glad you're feeling a little better, and that Alex is being quieter and easygoing.
Praying you have a 100% complete recovery.
I agree wholeheartedly with this.

You'll be in my prayers.

TAKE CARE OF YOU!

Remember, Alex needs you.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Egads Alan. You've got to get to the bottom of this. This can't be happening anymore for both of your sakes. Do you know what the cause of them is? Get strong my friend. :hug8:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sadhug2: Not much you can do...Try to eat healthy...Maybe some blood thinners? Ask the drs...It sucks getting old///I got cancer... Now I still for some reason battle hives & no one can figure those out...A week ago my bottom lip swelled & it was numb so hard to even swallow...That was scary as I was thinking stroke but a form of hives I guess,,, Good thing is I took some antihistamines & a alleve & a baby aspririn under my tongue & I was ok the next day...OOOh I got bell palsy once & half my mouth was parylized...Hard to drink & talk...looked like a monster when I smiled...it lasted a few months...Don;t know what goes on & why...

Alan J.

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Alan Jardine
Thanks everyone. I am on blood thinners and blood pressure medication John. The blood thinners are apparently important to help prevent blood clots forming and possibly lodging in the brain.
Am working with a dietitian camelotshadow, thanks.
Many thanks Becky, clueless, Big Blues, Birdbabe, Cecilia, Shezbug, Kelly and Karen.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Get well soon! I can only imagine how scary all these changes are. Hopefully w/ the thinners things can even out a bit.

:bighug:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm really sorry, Alan.Be careful and be smart. Alex needs you.

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
I am very glad you are okay.
That's awful and well wishes to you and kudos to Alex for being such a good bird through it all as you recover.

Alan J.

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Alan Jardine
Thank you Sarah, Mary Lynn and Rain. Yes, I am very proud of Alex. The little guy has been really accommodating throughout it all.