• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another easy foraging station

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Looks like Perry enjoyed your foraging station! Good idea:) He is very beautiful, what is he like to have around?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
What kind of beauty is this parrot?
I love cheap thrills!

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I need to know the type of bird! He's so pretty!
I bought some new canning jars, so Perry got to have the box filled with shredded paper and seeds. Cheap thrills!
How did you make it?

Zygodactylous

Meeting neighbors
Hi everyone,

Perry thanks you for the compliments! I think he’s gorgeous too but I’m pretty biased.

Perry is a hand fed wookonga (aka rock pebbler or regent parrot) and like most parrots he’s an absolute delight to have around if you find mischief endearing and can tolerate everything you own getting chewed and/or pooped on. He’s not cuddly but he is very personable, smart, and curious to a fault, and enjoys following me everywhere and “helping” with whatever I’m working on, as long as long as I don’t try to get in his bubble. I can “boop” his beak if I ask first but otherwise he’s no touchy. He’s the self-appointed “den mother” and will feed the other birds and scream if they’re out of food or I’ve forgotten to give anyone a dose of their meds (most of my other birds are special needs rescues). He’s my baby and I wouldn’t change a thing about him, but I wouldn’t necessarily recommend a bird like him for everyone.

Last edited:

Zygodactylous

Meeting neighbors
I need to know the type of bird! He's so pretty!

How did you make it?
I just put shredded paper in all the compartments. I used the stuff from a packing box but you could use anything that’s easy/cheap for you in your area and bird safe

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I just put shredded paper in all the compartments. I used the stuff from a packing box but you could use anything that’s easy/cheap for you in your area and bird safe
I will definitely try that!