• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another Dove Question

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Hi, again, everybody and everybirdy. Just curious as to what veggies any of your pigeons/doves like the most.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Wild might be different to take/semi tame ones so I’ll just share what I’ve seen with our native wild pigeons.
They go mad for Birdies left over peas, corn, riced (and sometimes bigger chunks) broccoli carrot and cauliflower, cooked rice. They basically clean up anything that is small enough to eat :)
I’d try a bit of everything if he was mine. You’ve got such a kind soul :heart:

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Wild might be different to take/semi tame ones so I’ll just share what I’ve seen with our native wild pigeons.
They go mad for Birdies left over peas, corn, riced (and sometimes bigger chunks) broccoli carrot and cauliflower, cooked rice. They basically clean up anything that is small enough to eat :)
I’d try a bit of everything if he was mine. You’ve got such a kind soul :heart:

Thank you. It's no more than any one here on the Avenue would do.

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
hung up by pegs in their cage.
Curious, what kind of "pegs" do you use? What I mean is, what do they look like? I've tried to hang greens for my budgies and haven't been successful.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Curious, what kind of "pegs" do you use? What I mean is, what do they look like? I've tried to hang greens for my budgies and haven't been successful.
I'd like to know the answer to that, too! I've tried so many things to hang greens for TD...to no avail!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Lol. Doesn’t everyone use pegs to hang food for their little ones? I thought it was just a common thing- is here, people use them to hang toys, hold doors open or closed and of course their main use is for securing millet sticks! Most perfect and handy little helpers for small birds.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Lol. Doesn’t everyone use pegs to hang food for their little ones? I thought it was just a common thing- is here, people use them to hang toys, hold doors open or closed and of course their main use is for securing millet sticks! Most perfect and handy little helpers for small birds.
I've never really used them to hang things for the budgies cause I know Sunbeam will chew on them alot, but they were perfect for holding feed doors closed for my family's princess parrot. He loved slamming the doors.

WikiWaz

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
I put their greens in a SS bowl. Every time I tried a "peg" it just got wilty and fell off the peg by the afternoon.

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I put their greens in a SS bowl. Every time I tried a "peg" it just got wilty and fell off the peg by the afternoon.
That's what happens when I use a clothespin! I hate to sound stupid (though I do it quite regularly:)...but what's an SS bowl?