• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Another Cage Question

Fiwi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melissa
Does anyone use a separate cage for day and night use? If you have a sleeping cage, what size is it? Here's why I'm asking:

Technically, this will be our daughter's bird -- she's 16. She is in charge of the bird whenever she is home. Of course, she will be in school during weekdays. Fortunately, I am home during the day and am keen on the bird too! She really wants to have a big cage in her room, but I'm sure when she's home he won't be spending any time in it! I was going to suggest to her to have a smaller cage in her room -- one with a playtop. That way he can sleep in her room with her and have a place to hang out when she's home. I would have a bigger cage downstairs -- safe place for him to be when I'm not able to have eyes on him -- one with plenty of enrichment toys.

Suggestions Appreciated!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I have a sleep cage for my foster cockatiel. He stays downstairs during the day in his bigger cage. Then at night, he sleeps upstairs in a smaller cage. His sleep cage is probably about 20" x 22". (That's a guess- I've never actually measured it. Big enough that he can move around, flap his wings etc but not so big that I would want him to be in there full time.)

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy