• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Angry Orange spray?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Is Angry Orange ok to use around birds, in a well ventilated room?

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
When the product is scented, the answer is no.

Their FAQ says this about normal pets in general, "Always be sure to remove pets from the area, test a hidden spot first, and wait until completely dry before pets return", so that's a definite no with birds.

What smells are you trying to manage?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have used it in my upstairs for cat urine before (my bird is on a different level at the exact opposite part of the home) but it definitely smells strong like orange creamsicle. I wouldn't use it on the same floor as him.

Water, Orange Oil, Nonionic Surfactant, Orange Fragrance, d-limonene, Benzyl Benzoate & Linalool

If they relied only on Orange oil for the scent, it might be safe. However, fragrances are considered unsafe.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
When the product is scented, the answer is no.

Their FAQ says this about normal pets in general, "Always be sure to remove pets from the area, test a hidden spot first, and wait until completely dry before pets return", so that's a definite no with birds.

What smells are you trying to manage?
I had been pet sitting a friends cat for a little while, and it seems that she has Peed on a chair cushion.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I have used it in my upstairs for cat urine before (my bird is on a different level at the exact opposite part of the home) but it definitely smells strong like orange creamsicle. I wouldn't use it on the same floor as him.

Water, Orange Oil, Nonionic Surfactant, Orange Fragrance, d-limonene, Benzyl Benzoate & Linalool

If they relied only on Orange oil for the scent, it might be safe. However, fragrances are considered unsafe.
It’s in a separate room from the Birds, but is a room that I bring them into regularly. If I let it air out for a Few hours with a fan blowing on it to help dissipated, would that work? If not, what’s the next best option to get rid of cat pee?

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
a chair cushion
I'd take the cushion or entire chair outside if you use that product and let it air out well in the sun. Spraying in the same air space is what I'd avoid -- ventilated, or not.
Preferably (to me), I'd use a small steam cleaner to actually clean it.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I use this stuff:

Clean up the pee (I use nature's miracle) then sprinkle and let dry overnight. Then vacuum up.

I once had a couch that I got second hand that smelled like a wet dog and smoke and it totally got rid of the smell. I've used it extensively on cat smells!

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I use this stuff:

Clean up the pee (I use nature's miracle) then sprinkle and let dry overnight. Then vacuum up.

I once had a couch that I got second hand that smelled like a wet dog and smoke and it totally got rid of the smell. I've used it extensively on cat smells!
Awesome, I’ll give it a shot!