• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Angora Bunny Rescues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
My husband and I are not a "rescue" but people know us and our passion for special needs animals. Occasionally we take our rescues and do educational programs for children.

Last night we received two 10 week old Giant Angora bunny babies. They were born at a breeders home that shows nationally. She was so excited when they were born & to see their color - they are both "black otters" - and beautiful. When they were around 3 weeks old it was diagnosed that they both have moon eye and are going blind. This is a genetic disorder so they can not be bred or shown. Their fate - the meat man....who luckily was out of town.

I called the breeder to talk about my angora that wasn't feeling well and she told me about these babies. We picked them up last night and they are DOLLS! Eventually they may need their eyes removed - but they should be wonderful additions to our educational program on rescues.

bunny1.jpg

bunny2.jpg

bunny3.jpg

bunny4.jpg

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wow, they are huge puff balls! :heart: It's so sad about their eyes. Thank you for giving them a forever home. Looks like they already have a very loving little 'mommy'. :D

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Yes, my daughter instantly fell in love as you can see :)

both bunnies.jpg

Barb

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Barb
Aww, Terri they are adorable:buzzbee:

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
They are so cute!

I have to say though, at first glance I thought the title of this thread said "Angry bunny rescues" :rofl:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
They are really cute and fluffy!

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
OMG they're so cute!!!!! More pics?

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
:omg: so adorable! They're big bunnies, aren't they?

That's so mean that, Just because they couldn't breed, they were going to be killed!

It's a good thing you called. :highfive:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
w hat a wonderful thing for you to do..bless your heart

Terri

Real Name
Terri
I should have more pics tomorrow. The breeder we got them from is a good woman and cares for her animals. Unfortunately...rabbits do go for meat, just like horses. When they go for meat they are put down with CO2 and it is humane - which in this case the breeder thought was the best case so they didn't go to a home and possibly suffer. The moon eye can eventually cause pressure and the eye be removed. If they went to the wrong home they could have been bred and been in pain - so I don't judge her on that decision.

BUT...I do believe the Lord works in mysterious ways and that he led me to them. They are so, so special. They were never handled since they were going for meat and when we pick them up, turn them on their backs and hold them like babies they just melt and go to sleep.

I'm in love already...

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Terri what a wonderful caring person you are. I can't believe how big they are. They are just adorable :heart:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are beautiful...what a good heart you have for taking them in...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.