• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Andy got spooked!!

Kaylea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kaylea
Hello A/all

Andy got spooked n took off flying he hit the wall n 4 of his wing feathers fell out..2 had blood on them.. I called the vet and they made an appt to get her in tonight at 6. I dont see blood driping from him but he will not let me towel him or look at his wings...Hes upset cause hes plucking some feathers out. I think hes been threw more then we know.. :(

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Poor guy!! Good thing for making the appointment! Were you able to get him back in his cage or a carrier? Maybe he will settle down and then you can get a better look

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
I put him back in his cage and he gave me kisses ..:) I turned up the heat in the room n shut the door so it will stay warm..im checking on him every 20 min and last I checked he was eating...

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
many hugs on the way!!!:hug8:

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
This was this morning.. he was verry happy. See his chest?.. some feather, some skin n alot down!

IMAG1160.jpg

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
All good things! Do you notice any fresh blood on him or perches/bars of cage/bottom of cage?

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
All good things! Do you notice any fresh blood on him or perches/bars of cage/bottom of cage?
I havent seen any but I wasnt looking that close...brb gonna go take a closer look. I was trying to watch for blood on his skin n feathers

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
Back, hes sitting in his cage on the perch eating n drinking alot..I didnt see any blood anywhere... it does suck that he lost 4 wing feathers... hes fully flighted so im wondering if hes gonna be able to fly for a while after this...

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Back, hes sitting in his cage on the perch eating n drinking alot..I didnt see any blood anywhere... it does suck that he lost 4 wing feathers... hes fully flighted so im wondering if hes gonna be able to fly for a while after this...
It does suck, and its so very scary. But it's far more important to establish that he hasn't damaged an internal organ or his head. The feathers will grow back. But for sure a good sign that he's taking on food and water. Hugs coming your way. :hug8: :hug8:

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
It's good that he is eating, drinking and not bleeding everywhere. Hopefully he is just fine but I'm sure the vet will give him a though inspection to make sure he is ok.

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
It does suck, and its so very scary. But it's far more important to establish that he hasn't damaged an internal organ or his head. The feathers will grow back. But for sure a good sign that he's taking on food and water. Hugs coming your way. :hug8: :hug8:
Thank you...:) i hope one day he dont spook so easily

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Thank you...:) i hope one day he dont spook so easily
Do you know what spooked him to begin with? Poor guy im sure being in an unfamiliar place is overwhelming at first

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
Do you know what spooked him to begin with? Poor guy im sure being in an unfamiliar place is overwhelming at first
He seems to get spooked if u just move your hand to fast...my son was walking down stairs with him n my daughter ran up the stairs and he took off :(

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
Once he gets used to kids and more activity he probably won't be so easily spooked.

:hug8: And best wishes for his appt.

vmashley03

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria
Very true! Once he gets acclimated to the activities and movements of the household he should be more at ease. Some people say that greys take a little longer to adapt to new environments (I wouldn't know Charlie seems to be the exception to almost every preconceived notion about Greys) so hopefully it will get better with time

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello A/all

Andy got spooked n took off flying he hit the wall n 4 of his wing feathers fell out..2 had blood on them.. I called the vet and they made an appt to get her in tonight at 6. I dont see blood driping from him but he will not let me towel him or look at his wings...Hes upset cause hes plucking some feathers out. I think hes been threw more then we know.. :(
Hope Andy baby is well! :hug8:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So good of you to get him checked by the vet. Sending well wishes to Andy.