• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Andre has gotten out of control

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
My male tiel Andre has always been on edge since I got him, and I've accepted that. However he is obsessed over guarding his reflection or certain spots in my room for no reason. I hate putting him in his cage for time out because he was stuck in his cage for 9 years....I don't know what to do. I've covered up everything reflective and shiney that I can except my windows because it's hot out and I'm not blacking my room out when it's 87 degrees outside. He will charge at me when I'm on the complete opposite side of my room and even try to attack my female Leela who has no interest in him at all. Ugh...help please...I don't know what to do. I have four welts on my hand from the past half hour...

petiteoiseau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bibi
Oh, geez! I am sorry I can't help you on this. I've never had a single aggressive tiel, all of them have been very sweet-tempered - but it is the breeding season for them. I have two hens on eggs and, although the male mate of one of them does scare off all other birds from their nest, he is fine with me.

Alex92

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Alex
Oh, geez! I am sorry I can't help you on this. I've never had a single aggressive tiel, all of them have been very sweet-tempered - but it is the breeding season for them. I have two hens on eggs and, although the male mate of one of them does scare off all other birds from their nest, he is fine with me.
Sadly he is like this year round. Sometimes he can be really nice, but he is very bi-polar with his moods. My girl sits on eggs, but never gets aggressive. She is sitting on 7 eggs right now XD 3 of which are fake haha

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How much sleep does he get? Have you tried giving him longer nights?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I haven't tried it myself but on a cockatiel forum I belong to I've read of people giving their tiels chamomile tea to help calm them down. It might be worth looking into.