• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amoy

PufF

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sam Chan
More of a pic thread than pluck thread. Just saying that this is getting worse. But I ain't too concerned since well,she ain't mutilating.
Also the owner has been using vinegar spray (diluted of course) to deter her. Works but is that ok?
so the second pic is special as she is blinking while I took it. See the eye?
And as you can see in the third pic,she has a mole on her right eye. So unique!

Attachments

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
In what way?Will it harm the skin?Currently according to the owner it works well.It still smells more like vinegar than water and a bit yellow ( I've seen it )

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Idk.The problem is that Amoy (she) is not under my wings.She is with a disabled,let me emphasis that again,disabled person's care.NOt actually disabled but he lost one leg,which makes it hard to walk,you see.Most of the time I see her for once a week/two weeks so I can't freally do much.The owner,too,is old.To be honest I'd rther not interfer unless she mutilates since she is quite happy and content at the current moments.It's just that I'm a bit concerned with her plucking her inner wing feathers.She has plucked her feathers under her wing before,but this time she made it to the downside of the wings.Not the main flight feathers,but as you can see in the pic,the edges are left bare.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Can the disabled person take her to an avian vet to rule out physical problems I would not worry all of my five birds were pluckers I Let them be and did nothing let them be and did nothing

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Technically,he can.But,he moves around outside in one of the big wheelchairs which won't fit in the door of a vet.There are hardly any Avian Vets in Singapore too.And since he is disabled and has other health concerns,I dpn't think he has the money to do so.He does lives with family but the rest hardly bother Amoy.He is planning to let me care for her but,well,I don't think I'm ready yet.After all that trama,I still need to wait.I'm not over it yet,never.I miss them a lot.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
It is OK I know how hard it is to get a wheelchair through the doorway odds are it is not physical I hope she is getting some pellets or a good diet if she seems happy I would not worry

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
I went to Amoy today. The owner said that the vinegar solution was given by the vet. Other than that she plucked out a red thing. I attached the pic here

Attachments

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Could be a blood feather but she isn't in discomfort or bleeding,I checked her wings,which was where the red thing dropped and did not see a puncture. I have a few videos posted on Amoy's channel (search Amoy and Fish )so I won't link then here,except the one showing the red thingy.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Since you have the red thing have The AVN.vet use a microscope to check it out please

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Awww, I hope she is happy and isn't suffering :heart: That mole is very unique!

PufF

Real Name
Sam Chan
Since you have the red thing have The AVN.vet use a microscope to check it out please
wait so what is it? Also she did just go back to her normal business afterwards so should it be a concern? I can only be back by next week and I didn't tell the owner? about that as he wasn't home then.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I do not know that is why I wanted The vet to check it out