• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon roll call

What species of zon do you live with?

• Blue Front

Votes: 41 27.7%
  • Bondinus

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Lilac Crowned

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Mealy

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Mexican Red Crowned

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Double Yellow Head

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Yellow Shouldered

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Panama

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • White Front

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Red Lored

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Other (in case I missed someone LOL)

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • Yellow Nape

Votes: 23 15.5%

• Total voters

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
IMG_20170504_085648.jpg
Poppie.... A Blue front, 13 it was old, female, fully flighted. Enjoying her own cup of tea.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Porky is gorgeous!!! Welcome Aboard Tiffany! I'm so glad you're here!

Tiffanylvega

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tiffany
Beautiful amazon!!! And welcome there from mexico! We're a crazy bunch of bird loving people here. But you'll come to like us all!
Thank you!! I am having a horrible time trying to find good cages that he can spread his wings. I have found a temporary one for now. I am also having a hard time to find certain foods for him. I got him as a rescue he was fed a straight sunflower seeds diet. I had him switched to a different diet. Well not to long ago he went off of it. So he is back on seeds. But I am going to start trying something new tomorrow.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Thank you!! I am having a horrible time trying to find good cages that he can spread his wings. I have found a temporary one for now. I am also having a hard time to find certain foods for him. I got him as a rescue he was fed a straight sunflower seeds diet. I had him switched to a different diet. Well not to long ago he went off of it. So he is back on seeds. But I am going to start trying something new tomorrow.
What kind of bird stores are down there? Do they have parrot food, pellets? You might be able to order a cage from america, if you can't find one there.

Twinlukers

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mitch
Hello to all our amazon friends!!! Juanita is doing great for her first full week with us after her rescue!! She has been giving us small kisses when we hold her. And we found her candy treat. Small pieces of Bagels!! She comes to the cage begging for more. But we resist.. she’s very active today but no communication just yet. We know she speaks as when we picked her up she would talk hello.. but nothing since..
Her is her morning profile!! Enjoy and any extra words of advise would be great!!!

Attachments

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Remember you are in a honeymoon period. I would be cautious with "kisses" simply because the true personality takes a while to come out.

Twinlukers

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mitch
OMG what a beautyfull bird! :heart:
She is!! And we are blessed because she has really taken to us. We are noticing some love from her that we feel she has been missing. I played back a video I took of her and she actually repeated “Hello” back but it was very soft and I missed it the first time. But it’s on film!!! Thank you for your support and comments.