• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon roll call

What species of zon do you live with?

• Blue Front

Votes: 41 27.7%
  • Bondinus

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Lilac Crowned

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Mealy

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Mexican Red Crowned

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Double Yellow Head

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Yellow Shouldered

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Panama

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • White Front

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Red Lored

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Other (in case I missed someone LOL)

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • Yellow Nape

Votes: 23 15.5%

• Total voters

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
Ok since we have soooo many different zons out there how about roll call to see how many different types of zons there are parked here on Avian Avenue :cool1:

answer the poll so your zons (you can select more than one) can be counted. I started thing off by checking off Bahama & Chewie.

I just got a new Blue Fronted on Wednesday. The bird is 5 months old. No name yet. I am going to wait for the dna sexing to name him/her. I already love this bird, and the feather coloration is so gorgeous. My lovebird Keeco has been behaving a bit aggressively towards my new zon. He flew over to the zon's cage and was anxious to peck at our new bird. :sad11: I am hoping with time this will fade away.

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
I just got a new Blue Fronted on Wednesday. The bird is 5 months old. No name yet. I am going to wait for the dna sexing to name him/her. I already love this bird, and the feather coloration is so gorgeous. My lovebird Keeco has been behaving a bit aggressively towards my new zon. He flew over to the zon's cage and was anxious to peck at our new bird. :sad11: I am hoping with time this will fade away.

Attachments

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Beautiful!

Kathryn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kathryn
My BFA is such a bugger. He will be 1 on May 1st. He completely has mine and my husband's hearts. We brought him home on 10/18/2017. It was as though he was meant to be our new feathered kid. He climbed on my shoulder when I was talking to the owner of the shop and I took him home that day. He rode on that same shoulder all 1 and a half hours later too. We named him Rico after feather sexing him. Here is his picture.

Attachments

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
When she was rescued they gave her a Spanish name, but she knows how to say, "Hello Buster!" When the toast popped one morning she took off from my shoulder to her cage, so she can fly. She's a very rotund green chicken who definitely loves her food, and your food and his food and ... It's like she's always been here. Meet Fern.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She's beautiful:heart:

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Beautiful Zons Kathryn and redindiaink

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thanks @txdyna65 and @Clueless. I'll have to share her morning routine because she makes some incredibly cute noises. She says "yip/yup" like she's watched Fargo one too many times.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
I couldnt add to the poll but Im adding Miss Birdy Sue to the list :) She just goes by Miss Birdy and she says it alot. She is a 20yr old Orange Wing and a real sweetheart so far.

Miss Birdy nutriberry 2.jpg miss birdy nutriberry 3.jpg miss birdy nutriberry.jpg