• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon Parrots(Amazona)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He's beautiful

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@ncGreyBirdLady
The website is coming up unavailable, not sure if it's down or maybe not processing in chrome possibly.... Maybe @Clueless can try again...

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Web pages.....

All I can tell you is that they sure enriched my life (the amazons that is).

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Growing up I had a female Yellow Naped Amazon and was searching for another. 6 years ago I became the proud parront of an AMAZING male Orange Wing named Oliver and could not be happier. Oliver is 11 yes old and although he may not be as good a talker as a Yellow Nape but boy does he more than make up for it in personality. InShot_20210220_150721527.jpg

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Growing up I had a female Yellow Naped Amazon and was searching for another. 6 years ago I became the proud parront of an AMAZING male Orange Wing named Oliver and could not be happier. Oliver is 11 yes old and although he may not be as good a talker as a Yellow Nape but boy does he more than make up for it in personality. View attachment 375635
Oliver is gorgeous! Does he have any hormonal behavior? My Inca is also OWA boy, I was wondering about hormonal aggression in this species.

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
Oliver is gorgeous! Does he have any hormonal behavior? My Inca is also OWA boy, I was wondering about hormonal aggression in this species.
Thank you so much for the compliment. Oliver is pretty well behaved. He's easily frightened and gives warning bites whenever I do something he doesn't approve of. There have been times when Oliver isn't so friendly and wants to be left alone, I guess that could be hormonal but that's rare and doesn't happen very often. Other than that he's a very Happy bird who loves interacting and getting lots of attention.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much for the compliment. Oliver is pretty well behaved. He's easily frightened and gives warning bites whenever I do something he doesn't approve of. There have been times when Oliver isn't so friendly and wants to be left alone, I guess that could be hormonal but that's rare and doesn't happen very often. Other than that he's a very Happy bird who loves interacting and getting lots of attention.
My boy is also like that, so may be his hormonal behavior will also be similar. Recently, with arrival of spring, Inca has started making weird quaking sounds along with repeated wing flapping and pacing. In those times I usually leave him alone. He has become a scritch-bug also, lol.

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
My boy is also like that, so may be his hormonal behavior will also be similar. Recently, with arrival of spring, Inca has started making weird quaking sounds along with repeated wing flapping and pacing. In those times I usually leave him alone. He has become a scritch-bug also, lol.
Oliver bends down slightly and flaps his wings when he is really excited