• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Amazon Parrot Sick

imgujyou

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Kush
Yesterday Morning, I noticed a change of Stoll, liquidity than normal, lesser contents.
The evening before, it ended up eating a small portion of my dinner, a waffle, in this instance and an apple which wasn't washed.

Attachments

imgujyou

Real Name
Kush
At this point, I'm hopeless.
I had a bad experience last time with taking one of my other parrots to the vet, ended up having a seizure and dying.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Was he eating something red to make the droppings that color? Are all his droppings like that or just those two? If you suspect he's ill, a vet really is the best course to take. I am sorry that you had a bad vet experience. I take birds to the vet all the time without incident. Was it an avian vet?

imgujyou

Real Name
Kush
Was he eating something red to make the droppings that color? Are all his droppings like that or just those two? If you suspect he's ill, a vet really is the best course to take. I am sorry that you had a bad vet experience. I take birds to the vet all the time without incident. Was it an avian vet?

It was an apple. It wasn't washed.
I fed it to my Amazon and my caique. It came on all of a sudden.

imgujyou

Real Name
Kush
All her droppings. They're full liquid and green.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Apples are natural diuretics. So they can cause funky droppings for a bit but they should return to normal if that's the cause. Like that same day. The droppings look red in the pictures? If not acting normally and seem sick or droppings still off, you should consult a vet. I hope everything is ok.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
This looks like blood to me ...and a pretty large amount of it...

You are definitely going to need an avain veterinarian.

I'm so sorry, hoping a good outcome fir you guys .

Support untill vet with etra warmth, maybe some cooked mashed sweet potatoes, or cooked pumpkin. If eats pellets soften them with a little warm water .

imgujyou

Real Name
Kush
This looks like blood to me ...and a pretty large amount of it...

You are definitely going to need an avain veterinarian.

I'm so sorry, hoping a good outcome fir you guys .

Support untill vet with etra warmth, maybe some cooked mashed sweet potatoes, or cooked pumpkin. If eats pellets soften them with a little warm water .
I heard Waffles contain Dextrose which is toxic. Can that have caused this in the first place?

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
It's hard to know. Blood can be caused by heavy metal toxicity, or a perforation, there are lots of reasons...

It's going to need a veterinarian. Seems pretty serious. Soon as you can . That much blood would have me think emergency.....do you have an avain veterinarian you can call?

imgujyou

Real Name
Kush
It's hard to know. Blood can be caused by heavy metal toxicity, or a perforation, there are lots of reasons...

It's going to need a veterinarian. Seems pretty serious. Soon as you can . That much blood would have me think emergency.....do you have an avain veterinarian you can call?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Secret only gets a tiny piece of apple or banana. I limit fruits. Right now she enjoys a small organic sweet pepper.