• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon never seen the rain before

BirdView

Strolling the yard
We got hit with a wet font today. The wind picked up suddenly and it started raining. I ran downstairs to check on my birds and found Echo doing this. It was like he was in the desert for days and finally found some water. I couldn't resist filming him :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
He is having a blast.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I sure hope you got the spray bottle out!

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Better yet get a mister to hang from the ceiling or even a sprinkler similar as for the lawns. Would probably love that.

It was an absolute joy to watch him enjoy it so much, :heart::heart:

will have to remember that the next time I go camping and it rains! find joy in the little things!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He so obviously wants a shower! The sheer delight expressed by that bird is humbling. Was any of the rain accessible to him?

BirdView

Strolling the yard
He so obviously wants a shower! The sheer delight expressed by that bird is humbling. Was any of the rain accessible to him?
He doesn't like it when I mist him with a bottle. If I try he will fly away. There is a bird-bath bowl in the aviary, but he does not like it either. I was glad to see him enjoying the rain. I will try the mister/sprinkler idea Birdie Mama suggested.

Ira

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ira R.
Don’t give up on a spray bottle yet. My guy goes nuts for it.

Of course, if he can regularly get his showers like this...cool. But it’s a blast spraying Archie myself.