• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon love!

Cndbirdy

Meeting neighbors
So.. our girl (OWA) is settling in nicely. She loves my husband, but goes to all of us. I knew when getting her, that talking may never happen.. and to be honest, I wasnt expecting African Grey "smarts". I owned Amazon's, they are the class clown, not the Einstein of the bird world. She has really stolen my heart. Though she doesn't love me anywhere near my husband, she is sweet and hilarious. From grabbing my finger while clacking at me when she wants up (no she isn't biting) to her flying (rather head diving down off her stand since she was badly clipped when we got her) at night when she had enough of us and wants to go home (the entire time she is walking down the hall to her cage she is mumbling and grumbling) she keeps us entertained. We haven't had her a year and I cannot picture my life without her. Thanks to those who originally wrote me, when I was looking for a cockatiel. Amazons are my true heart birds. I cant imagine not sharing my life with one .. and maybe 3 or 4 more

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yep! They're awesome.

Each one is an individual too. MC was my buddy and I miss him dearly. Secret has her moments and attitude too though.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So.. our girl (OWA) is settling in nicely. She loves my husband, but goes to all of us. I knew when getting her, that talking may never happen.. and to be honest, I wasnt expecting African Grey "smarts". I owned Amazon's, they are the class clown, not the Einstein of the bird world. She has really stolen my heart. Though she doesn't love me anywhere near my husband, she is sweet and hilarious. From grabbing my finger while clacking at me when she wants up (no she isn't biting) to her flying (rather head diving down off her stand since she was badly clipped when we got her) at night when she had enough of us and wants to go home (the entire time she is walking down the hall to her cage she is mumbling and grumbling) she keeps us entertained. We haven't had her a year and I cannot picture my life without her. Thanks to those who originally wrote me, when I was looking for a cockatiel. Amazons are my true heart birds. I cant imagine not sharing my life with one .. and maybe 3 or 4 more
Totally agree with you. Amazons are the best, and especially orange winged... We also got our Inca only 11months ago, and already he's an integral part of our family. OWAs may not be exceptional talkers like other zons, but their personality is just awesome. Inca is a cuddle bug, he demands scritches from everybody.

Attachments

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
I am a huge fan of OWA! They are incredibly sweet and love their food!

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, they're very food-motivated... My Inca loves food, but mainly unhealthy snacks. He absolutely hates pellets, LOL.