• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazon attitude - photo thread.

Ira

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ira R.
My supermarket pharmacy gave me a free syringe yesterday when I showed them your photo to prove I wasn’t going to use it to shoot up! I’ll make the rounds to a bunch of places to build up a stockpile.

The organic cherry juice only came in a large bottle, and cost a fortune, like 9 bucks! Instead, I got these mini-boxes of nothing added watermelon/strawberry juice, but I’ll look around for other stuff and spend a few days first getting him/her used to the sight of the empty syringe, let him nibble on it, etc.
Oops. This juice is no good. I wasn’t paying attention yesterday:

Added SALT!?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My supermarket pharmacy gave me a free syringe yesterday when I showed them your photo to prove I wasn’t going to use it to shoot up! I’ll make the rounds to a bunch of places to build up a stockpile.

The organic cherry juice only came in a large bottle, and cost a fortune, like 9 bucks! Instead, I got these mini-boxes of nothing added watermelon/strawberry juice, but I’ll look around for other stuff and spend a few days first getting him/her used to the sight of the empty syringe, let him nibble on it, etc.
My Amazons sit on my leg when I'm in the floor. I held the spoon on their level and then squeeze out a drop of juice into the spoon.

Zons are curious. He'll be watching. Probably licking the spoon. That's how Secret grabbed the syringe the first time

I was told to rinse the syringe (you take it apart) and not to use soap and water because the syringe breaks down quicker. Once it's difficult to squeeze slowly, I trash them.

Ira

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ira R.
My Amazons sit on my leg when I'm in the floor. I held the spoon on their level and then squeeze out a drop of juice into the spoon.

Zons are curious. He'll be watching. Probably licking the spoon. That's how Secret grabbed the syringe the first time

I was told to rinse the syringe (you take it apart) and not to use soap and water because the syringe breaks down quicker. Once it's difficult to squeeze slowly, I trash them.
We’re getting there! He’s having fun with it already!
DA1F8000-A8C8-4EB2-9575-F58F32EDB88E.jpeg

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Are you giving him juice?

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd do it right now & share a pic but... I'm puppy sitting & Buddy's antagonizing the 1/2 G. Shepherd 1/2 Husky pup. I swear he's trying to get eatin up!

I cannot & will not leave these 2 even in the same room w/out supervision!!!! :eek:

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Charlie, rescue YNA I had would put a hole in the syringe if I didn't get it into his mouth the first time and I had to be quick. If he got a hole in it and lost meds I'd have to redo it.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don’t think it’s so horrible if he goes to attack the open end of the syringe.

That’s where I want to shoot the crap from into his gullet!

(Do birds have a gullet?)
You don't shoot anything anywhere.

You OOOOZE it out and they lap it up. Seriously. Secret tries to put her tongue in that tube.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
You can try things like 100% juice watered down, 100% coconut water, excess water from cooking some apple or berries, pureed and watered down veggies. I give stuff like this to Burt frequently to make sure he loves the syringe.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
You can try things like 100% juice watered down, 100% coconut water, excess water from cooking some apple or berries, pureed and watered down veggies. I give stuff like this to Burt frequently to make sure he loves the syringe.
Just DON'T USE ASPARAGUS cooking water!!! ... You'll have vomit all over the place [did that once w/ my baby LBs].. :(

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Just DON'T USE ASPARAGUS cooking water!!! ... You'll have vomit all over the place [did that once w/ my baby LBs].. :(
I don’t feed asparagus because I’ve read it can often cause gut upset but I have seen a fair few people feeding it. I’ll keep the asparagus for myself I think!