• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Amazing vet in Cherry Hill, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braeburn

Strolling the yard
Animal and Bird Health Care Center and Hospital located in Cherry Hill, NJ. This vet was a second opinion vet after we had a terrible experience with another Avian vet in NJ (this guy was board certified so we thought we'd be good) that: 1- Misdiagnosed a sinus infection, 2- wanted to overmedicate our bird like crazy and 3- was just plain condescending and the practice was setup in the basement of his house...

Anyway, there are three main vets at this practice in Cherry Hill, one is board certified, another is about to be board certified and the third has over 20 years working there and highly recommended as well. Unlike the first vet we went to, this vet literally sat me down for a good 45 minutes as a new bird owner and went over the basics, like ALL the basics. Care, housing, nutrition, behavior, what to do and not to do and it was all very informative although I knew a lot of it already. The vet techs that worked there were very knowledgeable as well and took the time to ask all about our Eclectus, make sure they got the name right and really treated him well.

The building itself where the vet is located is VERY clean and well maintained. This is not a vet office in the bottom of someone's house or in a strip mall, this is a full blown detached clinic with a comfortable waiting area, lots of windows and a very friendly staff. I can't recommend this vet enough and if you are in New Jersey, Delaware, NYC metro area or Philly metro area I would really take a hard look at making the trip down to these guys for seriously top notch service. They also ALWAYS have the clinic manned 24/7 with one of the vets on call at all times in case of emergencies which is pretty comforting even though we are an hour away.

Tangle Elf

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I've heard great things about this place and have been meaning to make an appointment for Zena, but after a few bad experiences with avian vets, I've been dragging my feet. I'll get the appointment made now. Thank you so much.

Tangle Elf

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I did end up using this place. I've posted about them without naming them. My experiences were bad. They seriously delayed Judy's recovery. The last straw was a misdiagnosis that nearly led to her death. She would not be here today if I hadn't taken her to a different vet a few days later. In addition to their repeated inaccurate diagnoses, when I left her for boarding, they tacked on extra money to the bill, even though I had an estimate for all the services before dropping her off. When they took it off, they acted like they were doing me a favor. When I requested records for a second opinion, they proceeded to badmouth the vet I currently take her to, including giving me inaccurate information. I would never take another bird there.

Status
Not open for further replies.