• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazing Turtle Video!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
For any UK peoples....

Did anyone watch Blue Planet 2? There was part of that with sea turtles, but they hatched at night. When they hatch during the day, they go towards the sun on the horizon. As the sun had gone down, they went to the light source that they saw. The town by the beach. Between the town and the beach was a really busy road. As you can imagine, many were squashed by cars. It was a really horrible episode to watch:(

I can't find the clip, but the ones that were still alive, the camera crew saved. You are not supposed to do that as a film crew, but they must have felt the same way I, and all the viewers of that episode, do about the horrible images being shown.

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
For any UK peoples....

Did anyone watch Blue Planet 2? There was part of that with sea turtles, but they hatched at night. When they hatch during the day, they go towards the sun on the horizon. As the sun had gone down, they went to the light source that they saw. The town by the beach. Between the town and the beach was a really busy road. As you can imagine, many were squashed by cars. It was a really horrible episode to watch:(

I can't find the clip, but the ones that were still alive, the camera crew saved. You are not supposed to do that as a film crew, but they must have felt the same way I, and all the viewers of that episode, do about the horrible images being shown.
I think Blue Planet is available here on Netflix, not entirely sure though.

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I think Blue Planet is available here on Netflix, not entirely sure though.
It was a good episode. All of the ones that didn't die were collected and put straight in the ocean.

This article explains it in further detail and has a video clip towards the bottom

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Aww they are just adorable!
So tough on the little guys, they hatch and they have no mum or anything.

I thought that this was a good messge to share:

¨With the July 4 holiday coming up, it's important to remember that we share the beaches with these native animals. Help protect hatchlings and future populations by turning off all lights visible from the beach, removing beach furniture, filling in holes, and keeping our beaches free of trash.

To report any issues with nests, nesting turtles, or hatchlings on Sanibel or Captiva, people are urged to call SCCF's SEA TURTLE HOTLINE: 978-728-3663.¨

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Aww they are just adorable!
So tough on the little guys, they hatch and they have no mum or anything.

I thought that this was a good messge to share:

¨With the July 4 holiday coming up, it's important to remember that we share the beaches with these native animals. Help protect hatchlings and future populations by turning off all lights visible from the beach, removing beach furniture, filling in holes, and keeping our beaches free of trash.

To report any issues with nests, nesting turtles, or hatchlings on Sanibel or Captiva, people are urged to call SCCF's SEA TURTLE HOTLINE: 978-728-3663.¨
That is a great message!

On Jekyll Island in Georgia, all buildings near the beach are required to have tinted windows and lights out by 10 pm, Jekyll Island is also home to the Georgia Turtle Center, and has an amazing driftwood beach.

clarousel

For any UK peoples....

Wasn't that the episode where they talked about how we humans have basically destroyed their habitats and hence the animals have to adapt?

Whicever that was, it was a humbling episode...