• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Amazing Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyanimal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
As most of you know, Chaz my maroon belly was left alone and depressed after I lost Chico, my green cheek. Chaz was withdrawn and not vocal at all.

I recently purchased Kaylee, my crimson belly for him. The first few weeks of having her, Chaz would sit with her but still would only stay on the swings and wouldn't come out and be who he used to be.

A few days ago, Chaz was sitting on my mantle next to Chico's urn. I went over to him and asked him if he was talking to Chico. He puffed up and would not for the life of me, allow me to touch that urn. This was very unusual behaviour for Chaz. I left him alone as I felt maybe he was having his own quiet time with Chico.

Since that day, Chaz has been more active, playing with Kaylee more, spending more time with her and being more vocal and chatting away.

I believe that him and Chico had a meeting of the spirits. I think Chico told Chaz it was okay to share his life with Kaylee. What do you guys think??

Zelle

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Zelle
Years ago I had a mated pair of cockatiels. The Female flew into a mirror and fell to the floor. I was in another room at the time and didn't know it happened. Her mate (Frisket) flew to my shoulder chirping and jumping up and down. I knew something was wrong. I found the female (Frosty) on the floor. She couldn't move her legs. The Vet couldn't find any thing wrong. I fixed up a cage where Frosty could pull herself around. She didn't seem to be in any pain and could eat and drink and play with her toys. Her mate would never leave her side. A few years later I heard Frisket talking and singing like he hadn't done since before the accident. Wondering what was making him so happy I peeked in the room only to find that Frosty had passed on. I always believed that Frisket was so happy because he knew that his mate was flying off to bird heaven.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I think its amazing and I believe in it totally

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I think its amazing and I believe in it totally
Me, too. I had my Buddy's ashes saved this past July. I've never done that before but Buddy was my most special Fid ever. When I brought her ashes home, I set them on a table that Gussie, my GCC, never visits. She immediately flew to the table, pecked at the nameplate on the box, then hopped on top and started tap tap tapping on it. I burst into tears, where upon Gussie flew to me and began licking my tears from my eye lashes. I just know Gussie was saying, "Welcome home, old friend". They know!

Hoosierparrotmom

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Katie
I believe it and I think all of you have such beautiful stories!

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
That is so heart warming to read!
Thank you Delta!:hug8:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I think that is a wonderful story. Maybe he just needed some alone time to finally say goodbye :( I am so sorry for your loss

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
That is so heart warming to read! I agree, when my sister's budgie died (1 of 3), the other 2 went to the bottom of the cage and snuggled the one that was dying and then after she died they stayed at the bottom for the rest of the afternoon!:(

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh gosh, now I'm crying. I do believe this is true.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oh wow :eek: amazing!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
:hug8:

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I am also very glad that he is happy again and enjoying life with Kaylee. Kaylee adores him, so I hope that he now has settled the loss of Chico and can give Kaylee the attention in return. She truly is a sweet girl and wants so much to be near him.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Very cool experience...our fabies are amazing :)...and who could resist Kaylee ;)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Delta, that really is an amazing experience. :hug8:

Trice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trice
Incredible story! The spirts did play a major part of this. Loved the story.

Thank you for posting!It brighten up my day while reading it.
Trice

Status
Not open for further replies.