• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Am i the only one who use this site as a facebook/ insta/ twitter substitute?

Ingenarel

Meeting neighbors
Am i the only one who use this site as a facebook/ insta/ twitter substitute?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I like IG for scrolling pics without having to read much. I follow some AA members and love seeing their photos over there.
I have a facebook account so I can contact my family. Some don´t have whatsapp, and it´s easier to contact them over there. I don´t use it for much else.
Obvious AA is my go-to to talk about birds :bliss:

So I guess IG, AA and FB are all distinct for me, each has a purpose :)

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
For me the forum and my social media have very different functions. My twitter is mostly for work, writing and more professional material. My instagram is locked and only for friends and family. I don't use facebook.

This site is for talking about birds and I don't feel the need to share more personal parts of my life on it.

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
I don’t have any social Media besides Instagram and I don’t really use it.
I really enjoy this forum because it doesn’t have all the bs and bullying regular social media has, if that makes sense. Plus we get to pictures of all different kinds of birds!

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Not really. On facebook I follow animal trainers and belong to a couple groups that are part of paid courses I've taken. Instagram for my photography, and twitter is my pulse on the world. And because everyone has their favourite I'm stuck using them all.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I only use AA and Instagram.

IG has lots of pictures I like to look at but AA has lots of interesting and informative reading (some rubbish too lol)- IG is the equivalent of magazines and AA is the equivalent of an awesome book for me.