• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Am I screwed I have no clue what to do

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
You offered your hand sbd won't step up? Or a short perch?

When I hsve an untamed burd. I hold still when it fkyd. When it lands I talk sweet and walk over calm and offer my hand. Often they want to be saved from low places even if not tame. If they fly off I keep doing this till they get tired and let me rescue.
Or I must I pick them up with a hand on each shoulder holding wings to body. Then bring them close to my body but away from my face. I will get a bite or several I just steel myself and stay calm. Then put them back.

You n will need a much larger cage as soon as you can manage. I get ones used that look brand new wjth no rust. Clean them very well. From Facebook market place or Craigslist lidt or the likes fir a cheap large one. At least twice the width of your current Cage

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
or people use a towel...drape over the burd snd grab like football with wings down by body. I don't like this method because I dont want them to spread their wings and me hurt them by accident.

You csn hold a sheet with your teeth hanging down in front of your body thrm like reach through like a ghost with hands on your side of sheet and grab the burd . Thst way you can see everything. The burd isn't wrapped up just your hands.

I do not see the burd going in a small cage from the floor

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
or get a cardboard box ir plastic storage container thsts large enough. Block all the other escske routes and reach in and push into box.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Nox
How's it going?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay good job to you both!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
i got him in
Yay!!!
Next time take the cage in a bedroom close the doors abd make as parrot safe as possible before letting him out.

Things are still new and scary to him. It takes a while to build trust. Sometimes months

Reactions: Nox

Nox

Sitting on the front steps
last question he is scared if I go to him now should I leave the food cups I took it out or should I put them in to eat

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
I would leave the food cup inside and specially the water cup he needs them.

Reactions: Nox