• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Am I getting overly concerned over normal conure behaviour again? Probably

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
Sorry to post so soon again haha, but, once again,,my brain's concern is on a new level of needing chill.

Is this typical of a conure? He doesthis,,a lot. At the door of his cage(when its open), at the back of his cage after playing with his toys, and today,,he literally sat staring at me doing this,,all morning, and nothing I did seemed to distract him.

Is he good? Should I be worried?

This is meant to be a link haha

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
He mostly likely saw something “scary” it could be a sock.This is normal conure behavior. It’s normal to be concerned especially if this is your first bird.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like he heard something and took a look to see what was going on.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Maybe leaning in asking for a kiss? I can't tell on my phone

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Sometimes my conure does something similar to this when he wants out of the cage or wants something nearby but is too lazy to fly to it :)

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Looks like he's seen somethings he's unsure of, or he wants to get somewhere.
Conures are funny little things, i've had mine for 2 years and i'm still learning his body language as I go.

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
He mostly likely saw something “scary” it could be a sock.This is normal conure behavior. It’s normal to be concerned especially if this is your first bird.
Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it. Thinking back now it could be the "stick" I was trying to get her used to in target training (Don't worry, this is before my last post, no more training til he's more relaxed!) It was neon pink and, well, we have def discovered he DOES NOT like that specific shade of pink, hahaha.

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
Sometimes my conure does something similar to this when he wants out of the cage or wants something nearby but is too lazy to fly to it :)
This is going to sound kind of dumb, but I'm pretty sure he sometimes forgets where the cage door is xD Like "ah yes, that open space thats always where I know it is.......where did it go again?" and then he looks at me as if to ask if I locked him in his cage for the night early or something, he's such a weird little guy sometimes.

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
Looks like he's seen somethings he's unsure of, or he wants to get somewhere.
Conures are funny little things, i've had mine for 2 years and i'm still learning his body language as I go.

you were fully correct xD On this situation, he was angry at a colour. Other situations, I'm pretty sure he was pissed off that the handle of my door was shiny (I had recently washed the door and suddenly it was soooo clean to him)
Body language has to be the hardest thing for me so far, being autistic and reading that stuff is,,,a struggle, but worth it :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
This is going to sound kind of dumb, but I'm pretty sure he sometimes forgets where the cage door is xD Like "ah yes, that open space thats always where I know it is.......where did it go again?" and then he looks at me as if to ask if I locked him in his cage for the night early or something, he's such a weird little guy sometimes.
Do you have perches set up in such a way that he can easily get to the door?

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
you were fully correct xD On this situation, he was angry at a colour. Other situations, I'm pretty sure he was pissed off that the handle of my door was shiny (I had recently washed the door and suddenly it was soooo clean to him)
Body language has to be the hardest thing for me so far, being autistic and reading that stuff is,,,a struggle, but worth it :)
Same here! I'm autistic too, but I think it's easier for me as birds are my spin. Way easier to read than other peoples language in my opinion.