• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Alternative to Chewy?

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I just carefully put together a great (first) order to Chewy, before realizing they don't ship to Canada. :facepalm: Does anyone know any good alternatives/suggestions for buying dog toys and treats?

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I shopped at Ren's in Ontario when Pepper was still with me and I was satisfied with them.

(free shipping over $49 in ON and QC)

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I like Ren’s, Critter Jungle & Global Pet Foods in person. Petsmart has a good selection of Nylabones, but food is higher quality at the first three. Leashes, etc. are best at the first two (made in Canada; can choose between fabric & leather at Ren’s).

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I like Ren’s, Critter Jungle & Global Pet Foods in person. Petsmart has a good selection of Nylabones, but food is higher quality at the first three. Leashes, etc. are best at the first two (made in Canada; can choose between fabric & leather at Ren’s).
Thanks. I'm just trying to find online places with reasonable shipping, wide selection and good prices - totally not asking for a lot. :D

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
I'm in AB.
In that case, Ren's has free shipping for $69 & above (After discounts and before taxes) -- good luck!
I'm curious who you end up going with.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
In that case, Ren's has free shipping for $69 & above (After discounts and before taxes) -- good luck!
Oh! ok, I'll see if I can find everything from them then. That'd be perfect. I was just gonna go with amazon but I'd prefer not to.

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So I ordered from Ren's. Even though my order was just under $69 I still got free shipping, so I'm confused about that but happy. :D Hopefully it doesn't change or something. But they had everything I needed and I spent less than I thought I would so I'll probably return in future. Thanks again for the rec!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Ren's is awesome! They have great stuff for a variety of animals & the best deal on hay in town too!

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Oh good!

This is what I was basing that breakpoint on...

1652494497361.png
(source)

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
This is reaching back a bit, but I'm curious how the rest of your experience was.
Hey. It was great, smooth! No shipping charges were applied and it arrived faster than expected, and everything was good. :tup: I'll have to see if I can do another one soon, even if it's just for treats lol. Naturally, his favourite toys are homemade ones. :rolleyes: "Five stars, would recommend to a friend."